BSoD on Windows XP, stop error:0x00000024(0x0019203,0x8AEEF7D0,0xC0000102,0x00000000)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi
my laptop was very very slow yesterday for no reason, and it froze constantly. When I restarted the laptop, it lead to a black screen with white fonts saying windows encountered a problem and ask me to choose a mode to start windows (something like to start windows with the last known good configuration..) I did and every mode leads to the Blue Screen with Stop Error, the codes are:

0x00000024(0x0019203,0x8AEEF7D0,0xC0000102,0x00000000)

I searched online, but the solutions confused me, I am not very good at computers...but I need to fix it by myself, I have the XP installation CD, can someone please tell me how do fix this in a clear way? And I am wondering if I can save my things from the laptop, because there are books and photos I really don't want to lose. I don't know why it happened, it was fine all the way till yesterday.

Thank you very very much :)

Can you boot into Safe Mode (F8) and if so run a virus scan. You might be infected. However, there also might be issues with your harddrive itself and if you can access your files and photoss I strongly suggest that if you can access them immediately transfer them to a flash drive.

Your error and definition is 0x00000024: NTFS_FILE_SYSTEM
A problem occurred within NTFS.SYS, the driver file that allows the system to read and write to NTFS file system drives. There may be a physical problem with the disk, or an Interrupt Request Packet (IRP) may be corrupted. Other common causes include heavy hard drive fragmentation, heavy file I/O, problems with some types of drive-mirroring software, or some antivirus software.

it is most likely not infected, so go into safe mode with networking and install updates to your pc and make sure that you absolutely get the firmware/bios update because that is what causes a bsod and will make your pc not be able to came out of standby, etc. so google your full pc name and then add the word drivers behind it so mine would be. "Compaq presario s4100nx drivers" dont type mine type your own and you should be able to find some drivers for your pc, install them.
hope this helps :)
good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back