BSOD problem - please help! TCPIP.SYS

Squibbler

BSOD problem - TCPIP.SYS (Update) Cause found

HI, I hope someone can help, I've tried everything I can think of...I'm technical but not a computer expert so am learning as I go, so please excuse me.

My problem started a few months ago when my machine started randomly crashing & rebooting after flashing up the blue screen.
I downloaded memtest86 to see if my RAM was at fault, but all seemed OK ...
I suspected my NVidia 9500GTvideo card as, although less than a year old, its fan had become noisy but before I had a chance to do anything about it, my PSU failed with a big bang!
I replaced the PSU with a better model: OCZ 500SXS 500W (36A spread over 2x18A +12V rails. The intermittant BSoD & rebooting continued. Nothing showed up on the event log in terms of red Xs. I decided to wipe & rebuild my machine from scratch as the machine had last been wiped 3 years ago & I thought perhaps it may be corrupted Windows or other settings. Either that or the video card. I spent time tidying up my machine (going through favorites etc) before backing these things up and noticed that the crashing particularly took place when I was clicking on favorites pages to test if their links were still valid.

First I took the opportunity of replacing my video card with a better one now that I had upgraded my PSU ...I now have an Nvidia GeForce 9600GT installed. After briefly testing that the machine seemed to work with the card OK, I wiped & rebuilt my computer.

I updated all my drivers from the relevant websites. I ran the free Driver Agent scan as a guide to see if I needed to update anything more and it showed some of my chipset drivers out of date but the MSI motherboard website only provides the same original-dated ones as my machine came with 5 years ago. The Intel website provides an INF file which updated a couple of the chipset drivers to a later date in line with Driver Agents scan, but not the USB ones. After some investigation i found that the latest USB drivers for my board are supposedly included in XP SP1 and I have installed every WInXP update available, but still Driver Agent shows the USB ones as not the latest version. I read Driver Alert can often do this so I ran the PCPITSTOP scan which includes a driver scan and it said ALL my drivers were up to date.

So far so good & i had had no blue screen crashes since rebuilding at this point.

Then I installed and ran ccleaner to clean up everything after installations and to
set my internet setting to the optimum, I installed & ran PCPITSTOP Optimise. All seemed OK, & my internet speed improved. i defragged my disk too.

The next day, I switched on the machine and after a short while browsing suddenly i got the BSOD reboot. I finally discovered after more research and finding this site that logs are produced and also how to freeze the BS and stop the reboot.

The bluescreen shows TCPIP.SYS Address B447C217 base at B4432000

I will attach the minidump logs separately afterwards as I am typing this initial post on another machine. There is a great deal of help on this site, thank you and i seem to have done most things it suggests all to no avail. Temperatures seem fine - I have a free piece of software called PCwizard to monitor this. I ran Memtest again and Chkdsk. I sprayed air again to remove internal dust inside my pc.

The past 2 days, I have experienced 2 more instances of BS, both times when I was opening a new browsing window. I believe this was the same cause prior to the rebuild though i don't have the logs for those. Prior to the rebuild, i had not run PCPITSTOP Optimise, yet the problem had started up. I had run Ccleaner on a regular basis though, including the registry cleaner. I have run both these programs in the past few days on my XP laptop and all is still working well.

I am hoping someone can work out what I should try next from my minidump logs as i am at a loss what this might be.

Many thanks

Minidumps attached

Oh and all this started around the time I finally installed IE8 I believe...when it first happened, I uninstalled IE8 and went back to IE7, but the problem remained...
here are the three minidumps to date:

Just to mention, I believe these BSoDs are all happening when i have been browsing on the internet ...the very first ones occured when i was scrolling up & down the page too fast, hence my suspicions about my old noisy video card (even though it was only a year old), but once my PSU was replaced (and before i replaced the video card) the crashes became very specifically only when opening a new browser window (either by clicking on certain favourites links...some were fine, it was not all of them ...and some in particular produced a consistent crash every time or at least just a lock up).
Since the rebuild, it seems the crashes are still consistently happening on ocassions when I open a new browser window (but only ocassionally doing so, and not most times). I hope this makes sense..

Manufacturer Evesham

CPU: Intel Pentium 4 640 3200Mhz
Motherboard:MSI (Microstar) MS-7058 (915Pcombo-FR)
RAM: 2x1024GB DDR2 SDRAM
GPU: now NVidia GeForce 9600GT
PSU :now OCZ 500 SXS 500W (36A across 2x18A +12V rails)

Hi...just got a slightly different minidump file this time so thought i would include it:

This one stopped on IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

STOP

Just updating for any other lost souls who are getting a similar problem and desperately seeking help like I was....I uninstalled Bluecoat K9 and the problem went away...Bluecoat are kindly looking at the problem for me...I reinstalled K9 to do a kernal memory dump for them , & the BSoDs came back bigtime.
I don't know what the clash is but Fsecure had a new release recently: vers 2010 so my own thoughts are maybe it could be to do with that. Hopefully they will sort out the issue.

I removed my minidumps from this thread but the files present in the heap during the crash were tcpip.sys, a kernal file, an f-secure file and a K9 file.

Back