Bsod stop code help

Status
Not open for further replies.

mlkmgr

here is the message i get.

STOP:c000021a {Fatal System Error}
The windows logon process system process terminated unexpectedly with a status of 0x0eedfade (0x00000000 0x00000000).
The system has been shut down.

anybody that can help me out? i would greatly appreciate it! system listed below. thanks...

Intel Core 2 Duo E4500 Allendale 2.2GHz LGA 775 65W Dual-Core Processor Model BX80557E4500
CORSAIR XMS2 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model TWIN2X2048-6400
MSI P6NGM-FD LGA 775 NVIDIA GeForce 7100 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard

Per MS
Most STOP 0xC000021A errors occur because Winlogon.exe fails. This typically occurs because of a faulty third-party Graphical Identification and Authentication (GINA) DLL. The GINA is a replaceable DLL component that Winlogon.exe loads. The GINA implements the authentication policy of the interactive logon model. The GINA performs all identification and authentication user interactions.
What OS (and SP#) are you using, and when did the error occur?
Have you tried to see if Dr. Watson will help you with this?
Have you learned about minidumps?
Do you know how to use WinDg (a free utility from MS, for interpreting minidumps)?

If not, try attaching a zip of your latest 3 or 4 minidumps, and someone can try to help you determine what is going on.

addtional, per aumha
This occurs when Windows switches into kernel mode and a user-mode subsystem, such as Winlogon or the Client Server Runtime Subsystem (CSRSS), is compromised. Security can no longer be guaranteed. Because Win XP can’t run without Winlogon or CSRSS, this is one of the few situations where the failure of a user-mode service can cause the system to stop responding. This Stop message also can occur as a result of malware infestation or when the computer is restarted after a system administrator has modified permissions so that the SYSTEM account no longer has adequate permissions to access system files and folders.

This might lead one to check out the virus and malware board, just to make sure that your system is clean. If you find you have a problem with virus or malware, note here that you are starting a new thread there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back