BSOD Upon using too much ram?

joshieboy

Hi everyone,

I have experienced a BSOD three times in the last 24 hours. All of these times I was running multiple applications, for example:

It crashed while I was running Lord of the Rings Online and recording it with Xsplit recording software. This did not occur immediately. Rather, it occurred 10 minutes into recording which I think is something of importance to consider.

My error message is:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name:BlueScreen
OS Version:6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID:1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode:1000007e
BCP1:FFFFFFFFC0000005
BCP2:FFFFF88004317128
BCP3:FFFFF88006364558
BCP4:FFFFF88006363DB0
OS Version:6_1_7601
Service Pack:1_0
Product:768_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\052513-34788-01.dmp
C:\Users\Josh Saunders\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-48812-0.sysdata.xml

If anyone needs any information on my specs (which you can find on my profile) or anything related to the issue, please don't hesitate to ask. I'm hoping to get to the bottom of this problem because it has been happening on and off for quite some time now.

Thanks,
Josh

Post any minidumps produced by going to C:\windows\minidump. Minidump files have a .dmp extension. Select all the .dmp files and right-click sending them to a compressed(zipped)folder. Upload that folder as a file here

"All of these times I was running multiple applications"... This could relate to a power supply not big enough for the PC

If I'm thinking of possibly getting a faster CPU in the future, should I just pursue getting a 750W PSU to be safe in the future?

Thanks so much for your help bud.

I'm really happy you told me about this because I've been dealing with the problem for about a year. Last time I came here I was pointed in the wrong direction but I feel much more confident with your answer.

Thanks again!!

Alright, I have installed the new PSU which is a 900w with 88% efficiency PSU. It's the Antec HCG-900. I thought everything was working fine but I just got another BSOD. It occured around the same time (maybe a bit later) than the other BSODs have been occuring. I was playing a game and trying to record the video/audio with another program.

Any ideas?

Attachments

• Minidump on 6-2-13.zip
    26.9 KB · Views: 0
Just received another BSOD. This time I was playing a game and watching a live stream on my other monitor. It happened after about 30-45 minutes.

Attachments

• 2nd Minidump Produced on 6-2-13.zip
    29.3 KB · Views: 1
Okay. That makes a lot of sense. So, how can we proceed narrowing down the possible problems with a the video card or video driver issue?

Well, I called my video card manufacturer and I think I know where to go from here. Thanks for the help you gave me Tmagic650. Hope I wasn't too much of a headache to work with. =D

Back