BSOD Vista: Error code 1000007e, parameter1 c0000005...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been getting the BSOD with the following error code:

Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6_0_6002
Service Pack: 2_0
Product: 768_1

Stop Description:
BCCode: 1000007e
BCP1: 0XC0000005
BCP2: 0X8DD80C67
BCP3: 0X805997CC
BCP4: 0X805994C8

Minidumps attached.

Attachments

• Minidumps.zip
    148.3 KB · Views: 3
Hi, all of your minidumps point to ntkrpamp.exe which is a Windows file. Crashes in that file are usually from faulty memory. Download Mem test from the downloads section and let it run overnight. If you find errors remove one memory module at a time and run the test again to determine which module is faulty.

Also read this...... If you didn't already.

Fastco, thank you for responding. I am not sure that the issue is memory related. I removed and swapped out and tested the memory and still had the same BSOD code come up. I even put the memory in my machine in another machine and that machine didnt have any issues. Do you think dump files pointing to the ntkrpamp.exe file could be another issue?

@dbalunis

Please give us your system's complete specifications.

Have you noted any pattern with regard to these BSODs, e.g. when you may be using a certain program or doing a certain task etc.

I haven’t been able to log into the machine at all with the exception of safe mode. Logging in any other way, results in the BSOD. The only program I installed was the MS Office Compatibility to read 2007 files with 2003 office. I have un-installed this.

RAM: 2gig
Hard Drive: 130gig

What spec’s exactly are you looking for?

Please boot into safe mode, and have a look at Event Viewer Log, to see whether it is recording something which may be helpful in identifying this issue.

Also, do you have any recent restore point available to you? Restoring to such a point may help be fruitful (as you said this started when you installed MS Office Compatibility software).

Blue screen error on acer running vista Home premium

When I try to put my laptop to sleep with the sleep function in the start/shutdown button or closing the lid, it restarts instead of sleep. Then I get the error that Windows has recovered from an unexpceted shutdown. hope someone can analyze the attached .dmp files and give me some help.. Thanks!!!

BCCode: 1000007e
BCP1: C0000005
BCP2: 8CA6F4FD
BCP3: A72ACB00
BCP4: A72AC7FC

Attachments

• Mini082110-03.dmp
    138.2 KB · Views: 1
  • Mini082110-04.dmp
  • Mini082110-05.dmp
  • Mini082110-06.dmp
    138.3 KB · Views: 1
@andrusfive
Please start your own thread, so you can specifically get the required, so things don't get muddled up.

Edit:
Anyway, I have gone through your minidumps and all of them were caused by Rtstor.sys, this is a Realtek Mass Storage Driver file, please uninstall this Realtek driver from your system, remove any trace of remaining driver files with Driver Sweeper (you can get it from techspot's download section). Then reboot your system, and check on Realtek's site whether they have newer driver available, if so, download it and install it.

Archean right on the money to fix Blue Screen error

[{{@andrusfive
Please start your own thread, so you can specifically get the required, so things don't get muddled up.

Edit:
Anyway, I have gone through your minidumps and all of them were caused by Rtstor.sys, this is a Realtek Mass Storage Driver file, please uninstall this Realtek driver from your system, remove any trace of remaining driver files with Driver Sweeper (you can get it from techspot's download section). Then reboot your system, and check on Realtek's site whether they have newer driver available, if so, download it and install it.}}]

Archean
I couldn't figure out how to start another thread, and still can't.
Your analysis was right on the money however. I didn't use the drive sweeper because the reviews seemed mixed, and I am just smart enough with computer configuration to get into trouble but not usually able to get back out of it. I did uninstall the Microsoft realtek USB driver, and installed the Manufacturer's latest, and my problem has not recurred for 4-5 days now.
Thank You very much!!!! Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back