BSOD Vista x86

A few days ago, my computer blue screened and can now be only started is safe mode. is there anything I can do with out buying a registry booster because I cant afford to purchase it at the moment. my vaio did not come with vista discs at all.

Product
Windows

Problem
Shut down unexpectedly

Date
7/31/2010 12:37 PM

Status
Report Sent

Problem signature
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033

Files that help describe the problem (some files may no longer be available)
Mini073110-01.dmp
sysdata.xml
Version.txt

Extra information about the problem
BCCode: 50
BCP1: ABB100F8
BCP2: 00000000
BCP3: 820455A0
BCP4: 00000002
OS Version: 6_0_6002
Service Pack: 2_0
Product: 768_1
Server information: c0432061-968b-4d0f-9744-2872cc2bd4ec

Attachments

• Mini073110-01.dmp
    131.6 KB · Views: 2
  • DxDiag.txt
    41.3 KB · Views: 0
It is an 0x50 error, PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA; Invalid system memory was referenced. This cannot be protected by try-except, it must be protected by a Probe. Typically the address is just plain bad or it is pointing at freed memory.

Your minidump's analysis revealed that it was caused by nVidia drivers's nvlddmkm.sys (the driver's time stamp is relatively older i.e. May 12, 2007).

First of all, uninstall your currently installed driver; download Driver Sweeper or Driver Cleaner Pro, and remove any traces left from uninstallation. Then download latest drivers supporting your graphic card, and install them.

Lastly, download OCCT and thoroughly stress test your graphic card/and its memory.

the laptop didn't come with any disks. so how would i go about installing the driver
just to be sure that i can and i don't screw myself

You can get it from nVidia.com. If it is one of those models with shared memory for graphics, then the problem may be with your RAM.

Ok I installed the driver from the vaio support site cuz that is what nvidia.com said was required. I still cant start in normal. if it were the RAM. how would I fix it. on a side note the Viao logo is distorted and there are dots throughout the screen when windows is loading incase that could provide more helpful clues.

latest bluescreen

Attachments

• Mini080110-03.dmp
    131.6 KB · Views: 0
Ack, that pretty much sums it up, probability is your viao's graphic chip is shot, unfortunately it can't be easily replaced on a notebook. Right now, better approach would be take this notebook to a good technician near you, and see if something can be done about it. But I must add, if its an onboard solution, you may need to get the whole motherboard replaced (and it will be costly).

gah. i might as well build my business and buy an area 52.as for my vaio, i started it up this morning and everything was fine. also the memcheck was fine. might happen again though

:D

Well lets hope it will last bit longer, but don't count on it for any 'critical work you need to get done / and backup your data' as a precaution. Just in case, if the display dies due to these issues, at least you'd need not to worry about your data.

Back