BSOD when using HP keyboard sleep button

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am at my witts end after spending numerous hours on the phone with HP (somebody in India) trying to resolve the sleep funtion on an HP multimedia keyboard using window Visat Ultimate. My machine is an HP model m8330f with 3 gigs of memory running an AMD quad processor. I have attached the minidump file which appears to indicate that there is bad driver associated with Vista and points to the wrong location in order to sleep causing the blue screen INTERNAL_POWER_FAILURE. I have been to microsofts page and used the other pointers I have found in this post. I think I may actually have a faulty keyboard but HP of course attributes it to windows and wants to recover the system to its original shipping configuration. I don't think they know how to read a dump file either. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

This is unfortunantely an all too common Vista issue especially in their x64. If you google Vista Internal_Power_Failure you'll see what I mean. From what i have been able to read supposedly SP1 had a hot fix.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back