BSOD Win7 pro x64 x124 E ID41

luvhuffer

http://angryhippy.net/files/032511-18626-01.dmp

I'm seeing this bsod more often now. It's an 0x0124 Bug check code with event ID#41. The description says kernel power. I've looked around on line and can't seem to find anything consistent in terms of what they are stating as the cause. I'm not overheating and my power levels are at rated or under less than 5%. Memory checks out as OK. the dump file was too big for uploading so the link is being hosted by my own site, so no worries about bugs/viruses. If somebody can have a look and see if there is anything there that may help me out. I'm hoping it's not my mobo or my cpu.

- <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
- <System>
<Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power" Guid="{331C3B3A-2005-44C2-AC5E-77220C37D6B4}" />
<EventID>41</EventID>
<Version>2</Version>
<Level>1</Level>
<Task>63</Task>
<Opcode>0</Opcode>
<Keywords>0x8000000000000002</Keywords>
<TimeCreated SystemTime="2011-03-26T01:00:13.112813300Z" />
<EventRecordID>42080</EventRecordID>
<Correlation />
<Execution ProcessID="4" ThreadID="8" />
<Channel>System</Channel>
<Computer>Payton-PC</Computer>
<Security UserID="S-1-5-18" />
</System>
- <EventData>
<Data Name="BugcheckCode">292</Data>
<Data Name="BugcheckParameter1">0x0</Data>
<Data Name="BugcheckParameter2">0xfffffa8004ec1038</Data>
<Data Name="BugcheckParameter3">0xb2000040</Data>
<Data Name="BugcheckParameter4">0x800</Data>
<Data Name="SleepInProgress">false</Data>
<Data Name="PowerButtonTimestamp">0</Data>
</EventData>
</Event>

System specs in profile.

EDIT: I dual boot with XP Home and have no such issues with the XP

This error (ID41) comes up from time to time but as it has multiple possible causes it is tricky to isolate. Following this guide may help you to track down the cause.(You cannot attach URL links until you have done 5+ posts)

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2028504

The most likely causes are:

Faulty power supply or insufficient wattage.

Overheating.

Overclocking.

Faulty memory.

This guide relates to the bug check 124:

http://www.sevenforums.com/crash-lockup-debug-how/35349-stop-0x124-what-means-what-try.html

It would help to see the minidumps, if as you say the dump files are too big then follow this guide to make sure the settings are correct and the following guide will show you how to post them.

Click on Start > Control Panel > System > Advanced System Settings (left pane) > Advanced tab > Settings button for Startup and Recovery. In the System Failure box make these settings.

Check > Write an event to the system log.
Check > Automatically restart.
Select > 'Kernel Memory Dump' in the Write debugging information box.Then clear the box for 'Overwrite any existing file' step back and change Kernel dump to Small Memory Dump.
Small Dump Directory should read %SystemRoot%\Minidump.

Hit OK, OK again and close the System box.

Below the reply box click on Go Advanced. Then scroll down until you see a button Manage Attachments. Click on that and a popup-window opens.

Click on the Browse button, find the minidump files you wish to attach on your PC and doubleclick on it. Normally found in C:\Windows\minidump

Now click on the Upload button in the popup. When done, click on the Close this window button.

Enter your message-text, then click on Submit Message.

(You cannot attach URL links until you have done 5+ posts)

What do you mean by 5+ posts? I uploaded the dump file as an attachment in the 1st post. Tech Spot only allows up to 200KB's Your quote instructions were already done before I posted initially.

OK, have you run through the guide I gave the link for, to diagnose the problem. What test did you run on your memory? Are you overclocking?

Sorry about the earlier post where I said ."You cannot attach URL links until you have done 5+ posts" I must have been half asleep. As per my guide above check that you have the setting for Small Memory Dump, it should be possible to attach it to a post.

No it won't let me that's why I attached a link to it in the first post. Since then my video card croaked and took some system files with it so I had to reinstall the OS. I'm waiting to see if the card was the issue as I installed an old 7800GT I had laying around. It's only been a day. And yes the system is overclocked to 4GHz, but it's stable (11 hour burn in with Orthos, and an over night with memtest).

No it won't let me that's why I attached a link to it in the first post.

Many people post memory dumps here so I don't understand why you are having a problem if you are following the instructions.

As the error you have is usually caused by hardware I think it is likely it was caused by your video card, only time will tell.

Have you run a stability test to make quite certain that your overclocking is not the cause. This will do the test.

http://files.extremeoverclocking.com/file.php?f=103

Memtest can miss minor faults, the best test is to run the PC on one memory stick at a time.

lol! What is it about it won't upload don't you get? And Orthos is a stability test that runs both my cores at the same time.

dumpdeedump.bmp

lol, I see what you mean. What baffles me here is why your memory dump file is twice the size that it should be for a 64bit system. I did some research but haven't found any answer to that one. I can only suggest you disable automatic restart, so you can record the error codes off screen and post them here, that is, if you have any more BSOD's. There may also be some useful information in your Event Viewer.

Have you had any more crashes since changing the video card? If "no" then the problem is solved.

The bug check codes are in the first post except for some reason the first one is in decimal 292 which works out to 124 in hexadecimal which is what showed on the BSOD as the error code.

OK, so to repeat my question, are you getting any more crashes since changing the video card?

Back