BSOD, Windows Vista 64 -

davidj23

Hi,

I hope someone can give me a little help, I got a blue screen yesterday, here are the details:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.768.3
Locale ID: 2057

Additional information about the problem:

BCCode: a
BCP1: 0000000000000001
BCP2: 000000000000000C
BCP3: 0000000000000001
BCP4: FFFFF8000207E351
OS Version: 6_0_6002
Service Pack: 2_0
Product: 768_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\Mini091711-01.dmp
C:\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-109185-0.sysdata.xml
C:\AppData\Local\Temp\WERF890.tmp.version.txt

Read our privacy statement:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=50163&clcid=0x0409

Id appreciate any helps, thanks!

How to find and post your Minidump Files:

My Computer > C Drive > Windows Folder > Minidump Folder > Minidump Files.

It is these files that we need (not the folder). Attach to your next post the five most recent dumps. Notice the Manage Attachments button at the bottom when you go to post the next time. You can Zip up to five files per Zip; if you only have one or two you don’t need to zip them, just attach as is. Please do us a favor and don’t Zip each one individually.

Thanks Route44.

The reason I did not upload the minidump was because everytime I clicked to add it as an attachment I get the following message:

You don't have permission to open this file
Contact the file owner or an administrator for permission

Thing is I am the only person who uses this computer.

Is there a way around this?

Your dump simply said hardware. Are you continuing to receive BSODs/issues and if so when, i.e. they are random or when you are doing something specific?

It only happend once, and hasn't happend since (touch wood)... but when it happend it was totally random, I dont download stuff and always keep an eye on spyware using scans and stuff.

What do you think I should do? I have a warranty with HP so I could claim through that as it is clearly a manufacturing fault, I havn't dropped it or anything.

My PS3 went faulty the other week aswel, Sony offered to replace it for £110, what a joke, only had it for 18 months.

Its an extended warranty... so I pay like £5 per month and that covers me for accidental damage, loss theft and manufacturing faults.

I actually was thinking of cancelling the warranty but there's no way im doing that now, I paid like £1200 for the laptop, it's a really nice laptop.

Keep an eye on your system and if it Blue Screens again attach the minidump files from those BSODs.

The reason for the warranty question is that if you are paying for it you might as well get your money's worth. But let's see if it Blue Screens again.

Back