BSoD

Status
Not open for further replies.

WitE

my pc has been crashing for week now
blue screen said something wrong with ati3duag.dll so i looked here and i updated drivers (which pwnd pc more) and uninstalled daemon tools. I'm not sure if this is fixed.
But when i started pc i had a windows error of
BCCode : 1000007e BCP1 : C0000005 BCP2 : BF288DC2 BCP3 : A4AFBBB4
BCP4 : A4AFB8B0 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 3_0 Product : 256_1

and in system log:
Error code 1000007e, parameter1 c0000005, parameter2 bf288dc2, parameter3 a4afbbb4, parameter4 a4afb8b0

my rig is:
2.4ghz g0 Q6600
ati hd 4870 (not OC)
4 gig corsair ram (shows 3.25gig)
windows xp prof sp3

wot else you need to help me?

It means that a system thread generated an exception which the error handler did not catch. There are numerous individual causes for this problem, including hardware incompatibility, a faulty device driver or
system service, or some software issues. Check the Event Viewer for additional information.

See 0x0000007E: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED for possible causes:
http://aumha.org/a/stop.htm

It is very important to tell us what you were doing at the time this came up. In the absence of that information, check this:
http://www.ngohq.com/graphic-cards/...elp-all-you-ati3duag-dll-squeal-death-et.html

mm everything seems fine i uninstalled then reinstalled my drivers and no crashes yet but it still says im using 8.5 when im 100% sure they shud be 8.1

I guess you're going to have to humor me> you're using 8.5 what that should be 8.1 of the graphics card?

I found a reference to "ATI Catalyst 8.5.2 beta drivers and Forceware 177.41."- are you referring to the version? The 8.1 is a different driver.

I guess you're going to have to humor me> you're using 8.5 what that should be 8.1 of the graphics card?

I found a reference to "ATI Catalyst 8.5.2 beta drivers and Forceware 177.41."- are you referring to the version? The 8.1 is a different driver.

im not some uber pro at this so i can only go by what the ati website says.
the new display drivers that have been installed are 8.10 but if i go into device manager it says 8.541.0.0 for the version

Thank you. That makes it clear. Suggest you go to the site of the manufacturer, find your graphics card and see what the current driver for it is. I am seeing versions as high as v8.7 for this card.

Please see the information here: http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=268052
ATI released their July 2008 update of the Catalyst driver suite for radeon graphics cards.

Thank you. That makes it clear. Suggest you go to the site of the manufacturer, find your graphics card and see what the current driver for it is. I am seeing versions as high as v8.7 for this card.

Please see the information here:
ATI released their July 2008 update of the Catalyst driver suite for radeon graphics cards.

edit1: i rely have no idea wot im talking about
but i thought i was installing the 8.7 drivers
my grpahics crashed again i was playing warcraft3 tft and bang graphics went i reset pc and still no graphics

edit2: after completely unstalling all ati software i was rewarded by not having any drivers shown (better than last time)
and i installed the stuff from the link u provided but in afraid device manger says i got 8.512
hopefully no more crashes

mm i tihnk this issue is still ongoing
driver discontinties were just a side part
and probly isnt the cause of my graphics crashing

woot progress
i screwed over my drivers :p (deleted a .dll)
so i rolled them back and this time insted of the constant 8.512 it now says 8.541

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back