Bsod

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all another Newbie with a problem.

Been having the BSOD on average once a day and personally think its my sound card driver causing the problem. Was using the onboard sound card (ASRock K7S8X Motherboard) but disabled that and put in a C-Media CMI 8738 (onboard is C-Media aswell). BSOD was happening before installing the card and still is. Reason for thinking its the sound is using google to find out what files are causing the problem and they all seem sound related.

Well i've attached logs of the BSOD for this month so hopefully that will help.

Have run Memtest86+ for 16 passes to test the RAM (1 X 512MB) but realise i may have to reseat it to eliminate that (hopefully) but want to double check first before opening it up again.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks
FitzyJM

Quite a few of those bugchecks are coming up with memory corruption and instruction misalignment. These are indicative of incompatible or faulty RAM. Try reseating the RAM and see what happens on that note -- the same steps apply as any other RAM test, run memtest, try different slots on the mobo, and if nothing works, RMA is the final option.

One of them did occur thanks to cmaudio.sys. Have you disabled the onboard sound through the BIOS? Perhaps it's a driver conflict or something. If not, perhaps the cmaudio.sys driver needs to be updated.

I'm just starting on debugging and analysis, so unfortunately I can't give you any guarantee on any of this material. Perhaps you should wait for a more advanced techspot guru to confirm/deny my analysis.

Cheers cfitzarl

Didnt solve the problem but its gone (well maybe I did solve it and havent realised) well I say gone but it hasn't appeared for a few months while still on the same install and reverted back to onboard sound so maybe while trying to update the sound card installed the right driver for the onboard sound.

Anyways thanks again cfitzarl for bumping it for me.

Thanks doktaluv for replying.

As you can see the probs gone thankfully. Good luck with the debugging and analysis.

FitzyJM said:
Cheers cfitzarl

Didnt solve the problem but its gone (well maybe I did solve it and havent realised) well I say gone but it hasn't appeared for a few months while still on the same install and reverted back to onboard sound so maybe while trying to update the sound card installed the right driver for the onboard sound.

Anyways thanks again cfitzarl for bumping it for me.

Your welcome, BTW I like the name :grinthumb (note mine cfitzarl )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back