BSOD's in WinXP SP2

Status
Not open for further replies.

zan2828

Computer been running fine for about a month, but a few days ago it started BSODing a lot.

I will attach my minidump files, can someone take a look at them? I am leaning heavily towards faulty RAM but Memtest and Windows Mem Diag both run for many passes, no error.

Thank you.

Attachments

• zan2828.zip
    75.2 KB · Views: 5
Outside the usual "unstable Windows" generic stuff, USBPORT.SYS is flagged in the dumps...

Are you using a USB Broadband modem? What is you location and give us some system specs please

usbport.sys is only mentioned in the first dump. i attribute that error to me changing the usb poll rate (this alters the usbport.sys)

"memory_corruption" is present in several of the dumps, does this usually indicate faulty RAM?

zan2828 said:
"memory_corruption" is present in several of the dumps, does this usually indicate faulty RAM?

I would definitely run MemTest to determine if you have faulty RAM.

So what type of Internet do you use? Are you using a USB broadband modem? And what are your system specs? I really do hate to repeat myself

sorry about that, i saw your post, but just didn't see how my specs were applicable in diagosing the bsod.

no i am not using a USB modem. i already stated that the usbport.sys bsod was an isolated incident;probably because i changed my polling rate.

if anything, shouldn't the minidumps give enough info to determine if this is software or hardware related?

specs are as follows:

e6750
gigabyte ds3-r mobo
2GB crucial ballistix 800mhz
8800gts 320mb
3 hdd's (wdraptor 74, seagate 250, seagate 400)
audigy 2
windows xp sp2

You have an NVIDIA video card and are suffering from BSOD's. How would I know that without you posting your specs?

...and "memory corruption" can come from hardware conflicts and driver issues. Surprized?

It crashed again when I was just browsing the web, and I am positive this has nothing to do with my Nvidia card. I have attached the latest one.

Please cpc2004 or anyone else that can actually READ the minidumps, take a look? THank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back