Budget gaming PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

In10s

Hey /adv/ i was wondering if this spec is not bad enough to run games on a medium settings
heres what ive got.

Western Digital WD3200AAJS
Caviar Blue Hard Drive - 320GB

OCX SLI-Ready Dual Channel
4096MB PC6400 DDR2 800MHz

EVGA 01G-P3-N959-TR GeForce
9500 GT Video Card - 1GB DDR2

Lit-On DVD-ROM - 18x DVD-ROm,
48x CD-ROM, ATAPI/E-IDE

AMD Athlon 64 X2 5200+ Processor
2.70GHz, Socket AM2, 1MB Cache

Gigabyte MA74GM-S2 Motherboard
AMD 740G/SB700, Socket AM2+/AM2

OEM White Box 500 - Watt ATX
Power Supply, 12V.

any tips.......

Are these components you have or are planning to buy? In any case you should get a much better video card and PSU. What is your budget?

Agreed. Don't go cheap on the power supply. Also, the 9500GT is a poor gaming card. Be very careful of OCZ's memory offerings.

As slh28 asks, what is your budget and we can help you.

I will third that. if you can give us a budget, type of gaming , and resolution you game at.
@ Route, I know ASUS has issues with some OCZ ram...is that what you are referring to?

@ in10s This might be of some assistance.
https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic133075.html

red, I forgot about the guide. It's a good one. OCZ has been having some serious fail rates amongst some of their offerings. Perhaps their DDR2 is fine but stil do research.

Do me a favor and throw me a link on that would you Route. i missed that story(s). been using G-Skill as of late thanks :)

Do me a favor and throw me a link on that would you Route. i missed that story(s). been using G-Skill as of late thanks :)

Excellent, excellent choice on memory. G.Skill's Ripjaw offerings has taken the enthusiaste niche by storm. Kingston HyperX is another one that intrigues me and they are getting good reviews as well. The problem is they are pricey compaired to the GSkill by as much as $20-$30 in comparable specs to G.Skill.

You know, as soon as I submitted my last post I said to myself, "red1776 is going to want a link and I can't remember where I had been reading it." :D

I can't remember but one thing I do know is that some of the tech boards I do belong to there have been more than a few threads on OCZ DDR3 and issues in builds.

I'll see what I can do but I may just be having an extended senior moment...

my budget is around 500$ which is 25,000 Php so im really gonna need ur help guys

i got this parts from tigerdirect.com im really a resolution gamer...im satisfied at 1024x786 res because it really hurts my eye :D....btw its ok to me if i can run a game of a medium settings in games like crysis, gta4, MW2, etc........as long as i can run those game in a good fps i dont care if its low settings or medium settings...

Ditto on the ocz memory. Had two sets, ddr2/3 none have worked for any of my asus boards. Its like the ocz designers are pissed at the asus motherboard R &D team over an old chess game.

well i use gigabyte board for amd processors....i dont really have all of this for now but im planning on buying it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back