Bugcheck help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

xmindrakerx

The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x100000d1 (0x00000002, 0x00000002, 0x00000001, 0xf8529682). A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini111107-01.dmp.

Your minidump points to smwdm.sys which is an audio driver for SoundMAX Integrated Digital Audio belonging to the software SoundMAX Digital Audio Driver or smwdm by Analog Devices, Inc.

You are the second person who has recently posted issues with this driver. I suggest going to the manufacturer's website to download the latest updates.

hello

Route44 said:
Your minidump points to smwdm.sys which is an audio driver for SoundMAX Integrated Digital Audio belonging to the software SoundMAX Digital Audio Driver or smwdm by Analog Devices, Inc.

You are the second person who has recently posted issues with this driver. I suggest going to the manufacturer's website to download the latest updates.
I have new minidumps if you would like to see.

Your third dump pointed to the same thing that posted in my first response.

The second dump just said hardware but I think this is significant because...

The first dump said memory corruption and RAM (which is hardware) when faulty will cause many issues.

Therefore, run MemTest on your RAM for a minimum of 7 passes (I prefer 10) and see if you get any errors.

I already did that and it said there were no errors. I was thinking maybe Microsoft has the problem since based on what I can see on the message board, most of the errors occured in computers with Windows XP installed. Or maybe my motherboard already has a problem. O.o How come it says 3 different problems? It would not be possible that my Pc has 3 PROBLEMS occuring at the same time right? or even if not the same time, it occurs one by one. correct?

MemTest is not perfect; it is a great tool, but not perfect. How many passes did you allow before ending MemTest?

I suggest running it per individual stick.

Also, did you update any drivers for SoundMax Digital Audio?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back