Burning error when making dvd's with nero rom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys , I have a problem when I try to burn a dvd. Let me explain what the process I been told to do when burning a dvd.

I currently hav nero 6.6 I open Nero startsmart then on the left hand said there are applications I then pick "nerovision express" I then pick Make DVD , then DVD Video , then add video file which then I add a movie file , the file is a .avi, once I have added the movie , I click next then when I get to the final option I then select "Write to hard disk folder" then select a folder on my desktop.
( Error1.jpg )

Ok this then makes a VIDEO_TS folder , which I have been told is "dvd format"

then I open up nero burning rom then select dvd from the drop down options , then dvd video then click new.

Then I find the VIDEO_TS folder which express made before , then put the files from that folder into the VIDEO_TS folder on the blank dvd disk.
( Error2.jpg )

then I click on the burn the current disk key on the top of the options.

Then a window pops up which gives me the burn options I select the speed as 4x as I been told its the only speed I should burn a dvd , then click burn
( Error33.jpg )

then I get this : Error4.jpg

Now I wasted like 10 dvd-r disk's and I have asked all the ppl I know , but nothing has come of it :( if ANY 1 can help me with this I would be very thankful :)

thanx for ur time
Jamielee xx

Attachments

• error1.JPG
    error1.JPG
    52.9 KB · Views: 7
  • error2.JPG
    error2.JPG
    96.5 KB · Views: 5
  • error33.JPG
    error33.JPG
    98.5 KB · Views: 5
  • error4.JPG
    error4.JPG
    94.4 KB · Views: 6
the only thing I see is dvd's are not in avi format
they are mpg2
It could be the encoder setup is wrong
I noticed the folder is in red
my express does not show it in red ,shows as yellow.
I will say this I have used this on a few movies and worked
I always burn to hard drive to test the movie before burning to disc
OK,but I basicly gave up on nero as there where a lot of failures.
and encoding took forever ,please look up DVD-shrink
and ulead movie factory there is a free encoder out there ah
TMPGEnc
my best dvd movie creators are moviestudio and DVD-lab for authoring,--- this last has been at 99% effect

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back