BuyXG - Ripoff alert

Noted a previous forum post asking folks to consider moving from NE to BuyXG.
RUN, do not walk away from buyxg, IMHO.

Went astray from them (on my first order), when upgrading sound card. I guessed I was buying bulk, but website did not mention OEM or bulk. Yes, it was bulk, but there was no included microphone, which was noted on their list of features, no EMI shielding, and no led's. For this build, I had planned on the mic, and the led's. Oh, and the contacts had signs of wear - so I won't swear that this wasn't a refurb.....

They offered a RMA, but no refund on the original shipping, I pay return shipping, plus a 15% restock fee. Not right, considering that they authored the webpage that mentioned nothing about OEM, and did mention components in the features that were not included. There are BBB complaints against them for this type of thing, as well as boinks on Reseller Ratings.

Maybe you'd like to do like I did - throw hard earned money at them in an experiment. As for me, never again!

I'm back to more reputables, like NE, MC, or MWave.

Computer component, and rig retailer, with accusations of bait and switch that I should have listened to.
Another case I saw - shipped the wrong mobo, "accidentally", but again, refused to waive the 15% restocking, original shipping, or return shipping.
If they really did ship the wrong mobo accidentally, would they not stand behind it? IF a reputable company such as NewEgg had made such mistake, (and I've bought a lot from them without any accident), you wouldn't have to pay a restocking fee, or shipping.

Back