By any chance can we get RAM slot repaired?

Hi

I Made a mistake buying Samsung laptop model NP350V5C-A0EUK. It worked exactly for 1 year I.e till warranty period within 1 month from the date my warranty expired one of my RAM's stopped working - I bought a new RAM, after that my hard drive got bad memory sectors - I replaced it, then one of my RAM slots was dead, now there is a problem with the second slot.

My question is - By any chance can we get RAM slot repaired ?? - I suppose answer may be NO - I may be wrong as well

If the answer is NO, I suppose I can use other parts of the laptop like processors, RAM, HD, Key pads, display screen so .. on. Is there any way that I can replace some thing like mother board alone to get back my laptop to life ??

Thanks in advance for your suggestion

One friendly suggestion out of scope of this question - never ever ever buy Samsung laptops

I'm willing to bet there is not one repair shop willing to take on the task. Not only would it cost more to do the labor than the motherboard is worth, it would take specialized equipment. Motherboards are dated so quickly, it doesn't pay to repair them. Unless the damage is very simple to work with.

Thanks for the reply mate
So, should the laptop go to trash bin ?? or is it possible to replace the complete motherboard itself??

The motherboard can likely be replaced, all you need to do is search for a motherboard replacement that fits your laptop model. Ebay (to name one) has hundreds of listings for just about every part of a laptop.

If you do need to dump the laptop, remove the harddrive first. Don't want someone else having your info.

Back