C: from 250gig to 19gig?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Macdf2

This is wwierd, but my hard drive, which I know is 250 gig and should be about 85% free is showing me that it only has 200 MBfree and the total is 19 gig? My D drive which is the restore drive usually only shows a few MB remeaining but now it showing 11 gig total with 9 gig remaining. Ever see memory by the GIGS dissapear like that? I try to defragg and the systems analysis agreed but it wont let me cause it says I dont have enuff memory to defragg.. lol any suggestions? I think the cause of this is when i downloaded adobe premiere. It wont work and its a cd version and it shows in add remove that the file is 2500MB in size.. That sound big to me... and help be appreciated.. Macdf2

First suggestion occurs to me is to check your hard drives space with partitioning utility like Partition Magic or Acronis Disk Director. Them are not free but you can purchase Disk Director for 30$ on newegg.

P.S.: Disk Director has a Partition Recovery feature that may help you. Good luck!

You might want to check (Start>Control Panel>Administrative tools>Computer management) and select Disk Management. This will show you what drives you have, how they are partitioned, how much space is on which ones ect. Check that your 250 GB drive is healthy and active.

My guess is the jumper setting is set to limit your drive capacity.
My 200GB HDD has a jumper setting that limits it to 32GB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back