C# vs. Visual Basic .Net

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZaUcY

hey everyone.... im going to take some programming classes this semester and i can take c# and visual basic. my question is would it be a bad idea to take the classes together in the same semester? I ask because one of my previous teachers recommended not to take java and C# at the same time cause they have very similar commands. i looked at some visual basic.net and C# and they seemed really different but still would like to get a better opinion.

hey everyone.... im going to take some programming classes this semester and i can take c# and visual basic. my question is would it be a bad idea to take the classes together in the same semester? I ask because one of my previous teachers recommended not to take java and C# at the same time cause they have very similar commands. i looked at some visual basic.net and C# and they seemed really different but still would like to get a better opinion.

Well C# and Java is in high demand so you should take both of these classes. You can also take VB also. VB is easy to learn so you might want too add this course also.

alright.... well i only NEED one of the two for a computer science degree so really one is for my own knowledge because there is another class i could take that i also need but that would take the place of c# but you made that sound like the better of the two so ill just take both programming ones i guess

p.s. is there a "C" and "C#" because my computer logic teacher only mentioned C# and C++ but in my class schedule book it only says "C" so i assumed they were the same (C is C#).

THANKS!

alright.... well i only NEED one of the two for a computer science degree so really one is for my own knowledge because there is another class i could take that i also need but that would take the place of c# but you made that sound like the better of the two so ill just take both programming ones i guess

p.s. is there a "C" and "C#" because my computer logic teacher only mentioned C# and C++ but in my class schedule book it only says "C" so i assumed they were the same (C is C#).

THANKS!

Yes C &C++ and Visual C# (C Sharp (C#). You want to focus on C# and Java. Take VB is you really think your going to use the code. The key is to know what's needed in the market place. C#, C++, Java, Perl.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back