Cable modem and wireless router?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am new and this is my first posting.

I hope someone can help me?

My problem concerns my cable modem and my wireless router, I use a motorola surfboard cable modem. I got the Tv cable coming into the modem and by ethernet cable going to my linksys wireless broadband router. Which supplies a signal to my other two computer located upstairs. Also I got from the wireless router a ethernet cable to my computer. In the past I had this working. Working fine but lately it has a problem. I Found out that when I turn on my main computer down stairs the one connected hard wire that I lose the signal to the computers up stairs which are wireless. If I turn off my computer down stairs then the wireless system works. My system is Microsoft Windows Xp, HP Media center Edition Version 2002. I restored my computer hard drive back to the factory settings and I still am having the same problem. So if anyones has an answer I would be interested
Thank you John

Hi patrolunit_98 welcome to techspot. You may want to take a few minutes to read the threads at the beginning of this site. One is a message on how to post a thread. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back