Call of Duty: Warzone 2.0 CPU and GPU Benchmark

Sry I don't want to be negative about your fantastic job @Techspot, but testing a game played by a so large audience should be made more with "mainstream" stuff, I think about adding CPUs like ryzen 5600x /5800x-3D , 11/2400-> 11/2600k than overpriced parts (for many) that only a niche of the playerbase use, it would be way more pertinent, and the 3060ti/6750xt should be there , I know I know we can easily extrapolate their performance, but we are "enthusiast", a niche, the average joe will only be looking for what he have or what he want to buy new or upgrade , and mid-range parts are the main part of the market by far. But I know why you used those parts , again don't worry I just try to make a constructive critic, your job is still awesome.

Sry I don't want to be negative about your fantastic job @Techspot, but testing a game played by a so large audience should be made more with "mainstream" stuff, I think about adding CPUs like ryzen 5600x /5800x-3D , 11/2400-> 11/2600k than overpriced parts (for many) that only a niche of the playerbase use, it would be way more pertinent, and the 3060ti/6750xt should be there , I know I know we can easily extrapolate their performance, but we are "enthusiast", a niche, the average joe will only be looking for what he have or what he want to buy new or upgrade , and mid-range parts are the main part of the market by far. But I know why you used those parts , again don't worry I just try to make a constructive critic, your job is still awesome.
The point of a benchmark is not to be realistic and make sense for the average consumer but to show raw data and that's what it does.

I am somewhat disappointed the 5800X3D didn't make it onto the benchmarks. I'm here obviously for the latest and greatest but it does help paint a much better picture of the latest and greatest when compared to the best the last generation had to offer.

CPUs are redundant…

I’d swap 7900X and 7700X for 5800X3D and 12400. And maybe 13700k for 5600 or 5950X.

I think that the 7900XTX will match or beat the 4090 at Warzone 2. The game engine has always worked best with AMD as the consoles use AMD hardware.

Seems to me a large gap between average frame rates and 1 percent lows. That's not great. Suggests some scenes with potentially huge drops. For example 1440p ultra quality and RTX3080 you get a 113FPS average, but a 1 percent minimum just below 60FPS. Hmmm.

Sry I don't want to be negative about your fantastic job @Techspot, but testing a game played by a so large audience should be made more with "mainstream" stuff, I think about adding CPUs like ryzen 5600x /5800x-3D , 11/2400-> 11/2600k than overpriced parts (for many) that only a niche of the playerbase use, it would be way more pertinent, and the 3060ti/6750xt should be there
Steve explains the reasoning behind it all in the article:
While we usually like to benchmark around 40 GPUs, given what's involved here, that just wasn't feasible...But how do you test a multiplayer battle royale game like Warzone 2.0? It's never easy, especially if you want to test more than one or two hardware configurations...no two matches play out the same way, with players dropping in different locations, system load can vary...realistically you can only execute a single pass per game because as the match progresses, the frame rate generally increases as there are fewer players.
In short, benchmarking a multiplayer title in-game is exceptionally time-consuming and something always has to give, in such situations.

This bench shows very clearly, for everyday tasks and high fps gaming, cpus like 7600x, i5
13500 and such are simply perfect for teh task.
You can get a 250 cpu and have it all, or almost all.
But you know what would go well with it? a reliable sub 100 motherboard.
Why do they have to be so expensive?
It almost feels like mobo makers agree to not sell anything below
a certain price point. You could still make a very decent everyday and gaming pc. You could
before the inflation...
I am very eager to see how middle end amd and nvidia gpus behave.
Will they produce enough frames, will they push used gpu priced down a bit further, etc.

I think that the 7900XTX will match or beat the 4090 at Warzone 2. The game engine has always worked best with AMD as the consoles use AMD hardware.
I gotta feeeling that both amd and nvidia are busting their asses to optimize the best one if not the most popular shooter on earth.

Wonder why the 3070 does so badly especially at 1440p Ultra. I guess VRAM or maybe memory bandwidth limitations, or maybe not enough texture mapping units?

Wonder why the 3070 does so badly especially at 1440p Ultra. I guess VRAM or maybe memory bandwidth limitations, or maybe not enough texture mapping units?
The RTX 3070 and RX 5700 XT have pretty much the same texture fill rate, global memory bandwidth, and VRAM amount. As they're performing about the same, it would suggest that these are perhaps the limiting factors here, especially given that the 3070 has significantly higher compute performance than the 5700 XT.

Since the 12GB 6700 XT is around 21% faster than either of those cards and its compute performance is about 35% lower than the 3070's (although its texture fill rate is 30% higher), I suspect that on Ultra settings, at that resolution, the benchmark is almost certainly hitting a VRAM limit somewhat.

I am somewhat disappointed the 5800X3D didn't make it onto the benchmarks. I'm here obviously for the latest and greatest but it does help paint a much better picture of the latest and greatest when compared to the best the last generation had to offer.
doesnt the 5800x3d actually beat out some of the new cpu's, its a monstrous chip

doesnt the 5800x3d actually beat out some of the new cpu's, its a monstrous chip
Exactly why it should be included, Yes the latest and greatest is good and sure the graphs of them competing against each other is entertaining.

Putting the 5800X3D into the mix though makes the latest CPU's look a bit weak and therefore adds context around the leap in gaming performance (or lack thereof).

The point of a benchmark is not to be realistic and make sense for the average consumer but to show raw data and that's what it does.

Quite feasible to do both simultaneously. Not necessary, but certainly doable.
It comes down to how broadly the journalist cares to cater. There is a very granular degree to which quality can be assessed and critiqued and consumer feedback should be encouraged because it is integral in maintaining high standards!

Intresting 40GPU anoter warzone 2.0 testing 1440p basic better fps then here the Minimum

What happend 328fps vs 250. Ok mw2 vs warzone2 aha warzone need more craft

Last edited:
Excellent work, would it be at all possible to include the latest AMD CPUs that were released? 7900 XT and XTX, also the NVIDIA 4070 TI

Would be ideal if reviews like this and benchmarks get updated overtime with newer hardware etc

Appreciate all the content. Thanks

Back