Can a Zotac GTX 650 TI run on HP z820 workstation?

Good day to all!

Can a ZOTAC GTX 650 TI run on HP z820 workstation?
If so, can 2 VC run 4 52" LCDs?

Any help is appreciated.
Thanks!

Well may I ask why you want a 650ti to be paired with a $2500 dual Xeon monster? Since you have a workstation, I am guessing you do Photoshop or Autocad. Plus what do you mean "VC"? Also, I dont think your TV has DVI inputs nor display ports, only HDMI. Unfortunately the 650Ti only has 1 HDMI.

I'm guessing VC means video cards.
That would make sense :eek: lol. I just noticed I was not thinking in the post above. First of all, I need to know what types of tasks you will be doing with this card. The 650Ti is fine for just web browsing but since you have a workstation I think you are doing more than that. Once we find the card you need, you can use either a DVI to HDMI Splitter or a DVI to HDMI adapter. If you did get a card like the 650ti, then yes you can run 4 TVs by using 1 splitter (2 displays) + a DVI to HDMI adapter (another single display) + the HDMI port (another single display). Or if the 650ti comes with a display port you can use a display port to HDMI adapter and have 4 separate cables (no need for a splitter).

yes you can run 4 TVs by using 1 splitter
Just so we are on the same page. A splitter will split the same signal to two ports, which is only useful if duplicating the output. Splitters can not be used for independent signals which is needed when spanning desktop.

Just so we are on the same page. A splitter will split the same signal to two ports, which is only useful if duplicating the output. Splitters can not be used for independent signals which is needed when spanning desktop.
Mistake #2 lol. Today is not my day I guess. (n)

Wow! Thank you guys for responding. I was right to ask this inquiry here.

JC713, well, I'm helping a friend. I know little about computers. He will be using the setup for a presentation, sort of.

From what I saw on newegg, the specs of the ZOTAC GTX 650 TI has 2 ports of HDMI. Let's say it as 2 hdmi, can it run 2 52" LCDs?

Furthermore, can I install 2 ZOTAC GTX 650 TI and run 4 52" LCDs?

I know this is a pain to ask but my friend does not want to have splitters and converters. I just need to know if that's possible.

TIA and good day to all!

Furthermore, can I install 2 ZOTAC GTX 650 TI and run 4 52" LCDs?
If your computer:
  • motherboard has 2 PCIe x16 card slots
  • case has room for both cards
  • power supply is large enough to carry both cards
I know this is a pain to ask but my friend does not want to have splitters and converters. I just need to know if that's possible.
If the monitors do not suppport DVI, you will need to adapt the port to what the monitor does support.

The only thing I have found with 4 identical connectors are the nVidia NVS 450 and AMD Firepro W7000. But those get a bit pricey plus they are 4 Display ports not HDMI. I know no graphics card that has more than 2 HDMIs on one PCB. You are gonna need to use adapters. SLIing is not really convenient if you are not gaming. It produces a lot of heat and uses a lot of power. I would say buy a cheap Firepro or NVS/quadro card with multiple outputs and use adapters.

The only thing I have found with 4 identical connectors are the nVidia NVS 450 and AMD Firepro W7000. But those get a bit pricey plus they are 4 Display ports not HDMI. I know no graphics card that has more than 2 HDMIs on one PCB. You are gonna need to use adapters. SLIing is not really convenient if you are not gaming. It produces a lot of heat and uses a lot of power. I would say buy a cheap Firepro or NVS/quadro card with multiple outputs and use adapters.

Thanks JC713, you're the best!

Plus, you dont need a gaming graphics card in a workstation PC. FirePro and NVS/Quadros will find their natural home in your friends workstation :eek:. haha, cheers.

4 x mini HDMI for $199
Galaxy 56NGH6DM3TTX MDT X5 GTX 560 Ti (Fermi) Multi Display 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready Video Card
Flexible Display Output Options
Powered by the IDT ViewXpand VMM1400 chipset, the Galaxy GeForce GTX 560 Ti graphics card supports flexible display output configurations for different applications. It supports 2, 3 or 4 monitors connected via Mini-HDMI ports in line-up mode to form a virtual single monitor spanned across the connected monitors horizontally - best suitable for multi-screen gaming; 4 monitors connected via Mini-HDMI ports in 2x2 stack mode - best suitable for video wall or other large screen application; and 2, 3 or 4 monitors connected via Mini-HDMI ports in clone mode - for retail shop or education center. You can always connect an extra independent monitor via the card’s Dual-link DVI or DisplayPort for a total of 5 monitors!

This is your best bet for $129.99: XFX HD 7770. It has 1 HDMI, 1 Display port, and 2 DVI.
This is the more expensive professional option: ATI FirePro 2460.
This is probably the best choice in the professional category for $149.99, but it only has 3 display options, 1 DVI, 1 HDMI, 1 DP: AMD FirePro V4900.
I would say go with the XFX 7770. That is probably the cheapest card with 4 outputs.

Back