Can I Mix Memory Toghter???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Everybody
I am A New comer to making a system, I have a old system that used a pc2700ddr, on my new system I Bought 512mb of pc3200ddr. Can I Mix the pc2700 with the pc3200 toghter on the same motherboard?
Thank You for your help
Jon

NO! its not reccomended, try 2 of the same speed i believe, unless the motherboard runs the 3200 at 2700 speed but its not reccomended to mix speeds mate.

You can, but it might be unstable and your 3200 will run at 2700.
The only thing you can do to is to buy an other same model memory stick. That way you'll get in dual-channel mode and not limit the speed of the other stick.

It's fine. The computer will simply just run the PC3200 Module to PC2700 (since the slower ram cant go any faster, the fast one has to slow down)

yes but in all honesty, its far much more effective to get two of the same speeds, becuase you are buying RAM which isnt working to its full potential, so you might aswel buy pc2700

ok so he has a PC2700 right now.. and bought a PC3200 cuz he can afford it. now in the near future, he could buy another PC3200 stick and run them dual channel in DDR400 speeds.

If you tell him to get a PC2700 stick just so he can run both his sticks at the same speeds, then whats the point of upgrading? sure he gets that extra MB but the speed counts too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back