Can`t fit mobo in case, because of backplate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi,
i am trying to build my own computer. The problem i have came across is with the motherboard and the case that i would like to buy. They are both ATX and fit fine. But i noticed that the holes in the back of the case would not allow me to put the motherboard in. e.g "the motherboard has built in 7.1 sound so has 6 holes but the case will only support three holes. i have tried looking for diffrent cases that would suport this motherboard but i really like the case and the mother board.

i also asked if you can change the metal sheets at the back but apparantly not so now i need help. any suggestions................

The easiest solution is to take the cases back plate out.

This may involve a little persuasion, but should be able to be done, without to much trouble.

I`ve had to do this myself, once or twice.

Regards Howard :)

howard_hopkinso said:
The easiest solution is to take the cases back plate out.

This may involve a little persuasion, but should be able to be done, without to much trouble.

I`ve had to do this myself, once or twice.

can i then replace it with somthing or will it always be open. i dont want everything looking to messy. thank you for your help howard

A lot of mobo`s come with their own backplate. If this is the case with your mobo, just use that.

If not, don`t worry too much about it being open. My case is open at the back for exactly the same reason and I`ve had no problems whatsoever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back