Can you have two different brands of RAM

Status
Not open for further replies.

C_Conqueror

Does it matter the brand of whether you have two different brands of memory as long as they are the same speed?

Sometimes it Does Matter

Generally if the two modules have all the same speed/latency ratings, ECC/Parity settings, registered/unregistered setting, they should work. This is not ALWAYS true. Some motherboards are more picky or sensitive than others and some memory modules are more stable than others. Whenever possible, try to keep EVERYTHING matched including the manufacture. I've used modules from different manufactures where it has worked, and also where it would not work.

Good luck!

what if they dont work? will the store take it back n gimme nother one? or will i have to send it back to manufacturer for warranty?? i have SMART Modular rams right now n their PC2700..

i cant find em anywhere in town.. closest one i saw was an Infineon.. never heard of it b4..

I have a P4SD-LA Mobo and im planning on using a Kingston or OCZ Ram 256mb PC3200 along with my two other 256mb PC2700 SMART Modular Rams.. will this be ok?

also can u put 256, 512, 256?

what if they dont work? will the store take it back n gimme nother one? or will i have to send it back to manufacturer for warranty??
It depends on the store's return policy, so you will have to contact them.

I have a P4SD-LA Mobo and im planning on using a Kingston or OCZ Ram 256mb PC3200 along with my two other 256mb PC2700 SMART Modular Rams.. will this be ok?

also can u put 256, 512, 256?
It should be ok, but there is no guarantee. As it has previously been stated, some boards are picky.

Yes, you can put two sticks of 256mb and a stick of 512mb.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back