Canada file-sharers safe, Music Industry loses case

Status
Not open for further replies.

Julio Franco

Staff member
A Federal Court judge ruled against the Canadian Recording Industry Association as they failed to show enough evidence that file sharers were infringing on its copyrights. The music industry pretended to force ISPs to identify Kazaa users that had downloaded music through that network in order to sue them.

As a result, using an online download service for personal use does not amount to copyright infringement in Canada, Akin said.

That's awesome for those doodes. They not only have the logging market cornered, they can share files freely too! Canada's streets must be paved in gold........Wow......

i wish i lived in a country that values freedom! maybe i should go north and cross over the border to Canada. ;)

This is good news for Canadians; maybe this will set a precedent for other countries to follow. Although I don’t file sharing will become totally legit in the U.S. anytime soon :(

Whoa, calm down there hippies. Canada hasn't legalized marijuana for just anyone. Only a few hundred people in the country receive marijuana packets from the silly Liberal government right now. And they have to have a doctor's approval to do so, for illnesses that are repaired particularly well by marijuana only.

File sharing is allowed because the government is intelligent and non-partisan enough to understand that file sharing programs are just that: interconnected networks (users) sharing and exchanging their files to and fro.

we dun get legal pot, but most cops dont give a rat's @$$ anymore since there isnt much they could do about it anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back