Cannot open certain programs (malware-free computer)

Sejanus

I recently posted a topic in the Malware forum, and there, Broni concluded that I was malware-free, and should come here for further help. Here's a link to this topic, which has a bunch of logs from the tests Broni helped guide me through: https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic159742.html

I am running Windows Vista 64 bit with Service Pack 2. Basically, I cannot open some programs such as (but not limited to) Fire Fox, Internet Explorer, iTunes, Windows Media Player, or Malwarebytes. Every subsequent attempt to open programs in general has a message pop up saying that it "has stopped working." At start up, I get messages saying "Threatfire/Firefox/iTunes helper has stopped working," and then random messages will show up saying "so-and-so has stopped working."

The most recent news was that Windows crashed and failed to start, which led me to run Startup Repair, which didn't do anything. So, I've come here for guidance.

Any help you guys can provide is greatly appreciated!

..which led me to run Startup Repair, which didn't do anything.
What exactly happened when you tried this? Did you use a Vista CD or did you run the repair from the hard drive?

Back