Cannot receive files sent over windows live messenger

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elliah

i cant receive files sent over through windows live messenger. i get the error message "Item Not Found", it's contents being "Could not find this item. This is no longer located in C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\Temp\TFRa0b2.tmp. Verify the item's location and try again."
I'm currently running Windows Vista Home Edition SP1 on a Dell Inspiron 1420.

Its a feature by design

Try to send someone a .mp3 file, ask the person on completion to click the mp3 file, and what will happen next? Well the .mp3 file is simply gone. Now send a .wma file, ask the person on completioto click the wma file, and guess what? It works perfectly...

You might have something the same here ongoing, msn deletes the files when you click on the links when they completed.

Make a shortcut on the desktop, and link it to your incoming MSN download folder, when files completed simply run them within explorer, the shortcut is just a quick fix to get to your incoming folder with explorer.

Ever tried to send someone a .info website? There is simply more onging inside msn i think...

but the files im being sent are files that are not on the blocked list...they are files like .jpg .png .doc....why are my files missing??

I wish i could help.

If you have windows XP you might try the old build in Microsoft Messenger, its a very old MSN, that comes standard with XP.

The old XP msn is C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe

There are so many different versions, like MSN Live, MSN 6, MSN xxx, and i now that what you say must be true, your transfers are not on the auto block list of microsoft msn servers, when someone for example publish a real funny movie on youtube, and thousands of people get the same link in MSN, MSN thinks its a virus spreading, and as result youtube indeed was unreachable in MSN...

It also differs from countries, and what is your firewall doing?

Do you have a router? You might uninstall what you told and reinstall.

In my country i know somethings like mp3 cannot be send, but .wma and .wmv can, sorry that i cannot help you.

Anyone else?

try this fix?

try this fix?
microsoft.com/windows/ie/images/community/columns/54140_329x345_security_F.gif

uncheck security stuffs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back