Cannot return to windows start up screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

deseraligears

I have had keyboard problems(no keyboard use) with my laptop and went into safe mode f 8 to see if it was created or had info there.

after trying to exit i keep getting the same screen over and over with the windows start choices. and the count down to restart if you make no decision. every option i try returns me back to the f8 screen i see the screen for the windows start up but it never starts.

the only thing I am able to do is the f10
laptop info
hp
compaq nc 64 (rq5337uc#aba)
genuie intel cpu t2400
speed 1833
stepping 8
cache 64/2048/ kb
rom date 09/05/2007
rom bis version f.0b

bios video revision 1305
keyboard controller 56.34
everything on device configuration is enabled except fan virt technology
after giving yiu this information and escaping i get the same screen we apolpgise ..... dadada thanks

I have had keyboard problems(no keyboard use) with my laptop

I can't identify your model from the information given. you have a laptop and you mention a keyboard controller 56.34. Are you referring to the laptop touchpad or a separate keyboard?

If touchpad, make sure the process that starts it is checked on the Startup menu. I don't know which HP/Compaq uses. Common ones are Synaptics, Appoint.

If separate keyboard, is it a USB connection? Have you tried a different USB connector?
Does the mouse work? Is it a USB connection?

the model is hewlet packard nc 6400 laptop i canot log on and i tried a keyboard with usb and that does not work mouse does work

all that happens when i turn on is the windows screen for rebooting and safe mode etc but all it does is return to the same screen time and time again thanks

If touchpad, make sure the process that starts it is checked on the Startup menu. I don't know which HP/Compaq uses. Common ones are Synaptics, Appoint.

If separate keyboard, is it a USB connection? Have you tried a different USB connector?
tried a keyboard with usb and that does not work mouse does work

The pointing device for your computer is described as:
touch pad, with vertical scrolling functionality; a pointing stick and rubberized sets of mouse buttons, which we found particularly nice to touch, for each pointing device. The six buttons lined up above the keyboard let you launch applications, control the volume, and turn the wireless connections on and off.
Please clarify what doesn't work.
Please address what I am asking. Check startup to make sure the touchpad is checked. When you say "mouse does work", are you referring to a mouse you connect separately to a USB port? Or are you referring to a part of the touchpad function?

The biggest problem I see is that you state Mem: 256 The computer came with Windows XP Pro installed. Windows XP needs at least 512MB to run decently, so you're very short on RAM.

But your specs don't match what HP put in the system.

The specs for you make and model show RAM
* Installed Size 1.0 GB / 4.0 GB (max)
* Technology DDR2 SDRAM
* RAM form factor SO DIMM 200-pin

Processor:
* Processor Intel Core Duo T2400
* Multi-Core processor technology Dual-Core
* Data bus speed 667.0 MHz
* Processor features Power-optimized processor system bus , Enhanced SpeedStep technology , Execute Disable Bit capability
* Chipset type Intel 945PM
Intel(R) Celeron(R) Processor up to 1.10 GHz Datasheet
* nc6400 (Core Duo)

I am not trying to hassle you- I need to know what there is to work with and try to find a reason for what isn't working. Can you do anything at all on the system? Can you deliberately boot into Safe Mode and do anything from there,?

keyboard log on

please note all you questions are valid and thanks for the help. ok
the mouse on the computer works! and when i turn on the laptop I get the windows did not start correctly screen with the countdown and options for start up mode.

the only thing i can do is a f 10 to systen screen. nothing else will start and i get the same screen over and over.

what further information do you need

F10 should bring up the Recovery screen- does it? Do you have the CD for the operating system?
OR
'Nagging' again! Since the mouse works, can you use it to get to safe Mode with Networking and start from there?

If you can:

Start> Run> type in eventvwr

Do this on each the System and the Applications logs:

• [1]. Click to open the log>
    [2]. Look for the Error>
    [3] .Right click on the Error> Properties>
    [4]. Click on Copy button, top right, below the down arrow >
    [5]. Paste here (Ctrl V)
    [6].NOTES
    • You can ignore Warnings and Information Events.
    • If you have a recurring Error with same ID#, same Source and same Description, only one copy is needed.
    • You don't need to include the lines of code in the box below the Description, if any.
    • Please do not copy the entire Event log.

Errors are time coded. Check the computer clock on 'Windows has recovered...."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back