Cannot use internet (though connected)

I just came back to my house after living in residence for awhile, and now that I have plugged my computer back into the wall, it connects, but I cant use the internet. I also do not have a default gateway when I am checking ipconfig. Using a linksys router, and here is what ipconfig /all is giving me.

Code:
Windows IP Configuration

Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : Michaels
        Primary Dns Suffix  . . . . . . . :
        Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Hybrid
        IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
        WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
        DNS Suffix Search List. . . . . . : vc.shawcable.net

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix  . : vc.shawcable.net
        Description . . . . . . . . . . . : NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller
        Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-40-CA-99-C3-98
        Dhcp Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
        Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes
        IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.102
        Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
        Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . :
        DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1
        DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 64.59.144.90
        Lease Obtained. . . . . . . . . . : April 22, 2011 8:38:26 PM
        Lease Expires . . . . . . . . . . : April 23, 2011 8:38:26 PM

Try this.

In Vista or Windows 7 click Start then type cmd into the search box, then right click on cmd in the pop up menu and select "Run As Administrator"

In XP, click on Start and then Run, type cmd into the Run box and hit Enter.

At the command prompt, copy and paste (or type) the following command and then press Enter:

netsh int ip reset C:\resetlog.txt

If your OS is on a different drive to C: replace the C: with the correct drive letter.

Reboot the computer.

If this does not work please state your OS and the type of connection, wireless or cable.

If this does not work please state your OS and the type of connection, wireless or cable.

OK, so you are on Windows XP but I need the answer to the rest of this question.

There could be a fault with the router, a wireless card or drivers but I need to know what your connection is using, cable or wireless.

Have you any other PC's on the same router, if not can you quickly borrow one to test it. That will be an easy way to determiune if the error is just your PC or the router.

Using a wired connection to a router upstairs, all the other computers are working fine. (Thought you could get this from the first post... guess not...)
And it did work, but only temporarily.

(Thought you could get this from the first post... guess not...)

From the IP config read out it does show the Ethernet details but I could not assume from that you were not trying to use a wireless connection and you didn't state there were other PC's on the system that are working OK.

Next thing to try is to go into Device Manager and uninstall all the devices under Network Adapters. Simply right click on the device and select Uninstall.

Then reboot the PC and Windows will reinstall the drivers.

If this fails to get you connected follow this guide to set the Default Gateway address it should be the same as DHCP server.

http://www.ehow.com/how_5059433_set-default-gateway-windows-xp.html

Back