Can't Access WD Ext. Hard Drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

felguard

Okay so I was converting some videos directly onto my external hard drive but my baby cousin pulled the USB from the computer that connects to my western digital hard drive. Now when I plugged the cable back in, the drive doesn't get read. The safely remove hardware thing on the bottom right corner pops up, but no auto play or external hard drive in my computer.

I've done searching for quite a few hours now and no luck. From Tweak UI to trying to change the letter of the mapping, I still can't manage to get it to work. I even tried using another USB cable from my other ext. hard drive but still no luck.

When I go to my computer > manage > computer management > storage > disk management, I get the image below. So I try to initialize it, but I get "The drive cannot find the sector requested."

64136214.jpg

Please help me someone, I had a lot of video files on this. I'd much appreciate it.

Just ran a WD Digital Lifeguard Diagnostics and got these results:

Test Option: QUICK TEST
Model Number:
Unit Serial Number:
Firmware Number:
Capacity: 0.00 GB
SMART Status: Not Available
Test Result: FAIL
Test Error Code: 11-Cable Test::Read diagnostics sector error!
Test Time: 10:50:16, April 30, 2009

Test Option: EXTENDED TEST
Model Number:
Unit Serial Number:
Firmware Number:
Capacity: 0.00 GB
SMART Status: Not Available
Test Result: FAIL
Test Error Code: 11-Cable Test::Read diagnostics sector error!
Test Time: 10:50:22, April 30, 2009

# QUICK TEST - performs SMART drive quick self-test to gather and verify the Data Lifeguard information contained on the drive.
# EXTENDED TEST - performs a Full Media Scan to detect bad sectors. Test may take several hours to complete depending on the size of the drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back