Cant get multi boot to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

vegasgmc

Ive got XP x64 on 1 partition(C) and XP Pro on 2 other partitions( E and F) on the same drive. 3 OS's. It worked fine until the second reboot. Then when I try to boot into XP x64 I get "windows could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt <windows root>\system32\ntoskrnl.exe. Ive tried bootcfg /rebuild in Recovery Console and the same thing happens. I had the same setup on my last system with no problems. Ive even tried rewriting the boot.ini file with no luck. Ive re-installed x64 and the same thing happens.

HyperOS

I dont know the solution to your problem but I have always have had problems when i try to setup a multiboot layout using Windows.

The best way to do it is using HyperOS. depending of what version you have you can run like even 10 or more Windows Partitions with no problem at all, and even switch between them.

I have been using it for the past 5 years and I cant imagine not using it. Currently I have 4 OS partitions.

C: 4GB WinXP Pro. Which i dont touch in case the boot sector and creates problems for my partitions other OS partititons.

D: 25GB WinXP Pro I use it for the Internet and Office based Applications

E: 25GB WinXP Pro for Video/Audio editing applicatations

F: 25GB WinXp Pro for Just Games.

G: Linux SUSE which I try to play around with.

And the rest of the 300GB Hard Drive I have split up into several partitions for storage.

That way I dont clog up and slow down my PC with a single Partition partition with everything installed on it, which is the usual way people go.

You can resize move backup and delete whole OS partitions and storage partitions and storage partitions with a few clicks,

Click on the link to HyperOS on my signature. The site looks a bit boot leg but the product sure isnt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back