Can't get rid of suspected malware picked up on 11/23/09

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kids were on the computer and went to a site to download characters such as happy faces fr facebook. They said my Trendmicro (2010) tried to block it and they clicked on allow. Ever since I can't do any searches with Google without being redirected to other sites. Also several programs won't run (Microsoft sync and Windows Mobile device). Also keep getting Internet Explorer stopped working dialog box....Anyway I followed the eight steps and have attached the requested logs and look forward to your help!

Attachments

• mbam-log-2009-12-05 (17-52-26).txt
    4.1 KB · Views: 8
  • SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log - 12-05-2009 - 19-01-34.log
    775 bytes · Views: 7
  • hijackthis.log
    13.2 KB · Views: 6
Pimpmypc, are you fully aware of what is involved with the eight steps used here at TechSpot?

Hijack this help!

Any Ideas based on the Hijack this log. I don't want to delete something critical. They say wait to hear back from techspot as to what to do. I'm new so be nice please, but I do know a few things about computers. Everything is up to date with windows and Trendmicro 2010.

Tried SB S&D - found three cookies and still the same redirect problem. Can anyone help me with the results from my Hijack This log?

I dont think trend is good anymore i havent heard anything about it in a long time. Try Microsoft Security Essentials. You could also try running Malware Bytes anti-malware.

Pimpmypc, are you fully aware of what is involved with the eight steps used here at TechSpot?
no. im a pc technician

pimpmypc. please refrain for replying to the Virus and Malware cleaning threads.

jeswanson, my apology for the delay. Since it's been 2 weeks, if you still have this problem, please update, scan and give me new logs for the 3 programs.

Are you aware that Safe Mode with Networking does not load the security programs? Please go to Normal Mode-if you can-for the scans,

Advise take these out of the Trusted Zone:
O15 - Trusted Zone: http://d.i.imx.com
O15 - Trusted Zone: http://support.max.weather.com

Control Panel> Internet Options> Security tab> Trusted Zone> Sites> block or remove both of the sites> Apply> OK.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back