Can't install Test Drive Unlimited

cschrille

As title, I suddenly cant install the game Test Drive Unlimited.
When I put the disk in and installer comes up it just finishes instantly and says "Installation ended The installer was interrupted before Test Drive Unlimited could be completely installed. Your system has not been modified. Please run setup again."

I have tried:
Another copy of the game, none of them pirated.
Running the ISScript that came with dvd.
Running both the installer and autorun.

The game has always worked for me since 2006, just today it stopped working when I was reinstalling it. My guess is something is wrong with Windows Installer.

My specs: GTX 580 Twin Frozr II, i5 2500k, Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit, 8GB RAM.

Bump

C'mon someones gotta know how to fix/troubleshoot Windows Installer. When I check running services msiserver is not running, could it be a problem?

Have you tried turning it on ? If not go into your control panel. Click on Administrative tools. When the window open Click on services. In services you should fine windows installer. From there click on it. Set it for auto. Under the recovery tab in window installer window. Make sure 1st fail and 2nd fail are set to restart services.

I tried what you said and restarted my PC. The installer is called InstallShield Wizard, and when I try to run the setup it says "Configuring Windows Installer then goes straight to the Installation ended stuff.

Its is a older game and you are running win 764 bit. You may have to try to install under windows compatibility as win xp

Well the only other thing I can think of is if you had it installed before and uninstalled their maybe some files left from the first install that are corrupt. Or the cd it self is going bad.

Well since my last installation I have formatted my pc and as I said I have tried 2 cd's none of them work. Thanks anyway.

Is it possible that the DVD drive is beginning to fail? Not reading the CD's & DVD's reliably?
Worth fitting a spare optical drive to find out.

Well it reads all of my other dvds without any problems at all, just these ones that doesnt work. And it seems to be reading them good since I can access all files and such, just installer that fails.

Back