Can't install Windows MCE

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I get the PC to boot from the Cd but after a second or two this error message appears that the "System Memory Management (EMM386.exe)" has found a problem and I need to restart the computer. After I restart it the same thing happens over and over again. Any thoughts?

Does your PC even meet the minumum requirements for MCE? it has even higer standards than regular old XP.

MCE:
2.53GHz or faster CPU for desktop (1.6GHZ for laptop)
512MB RAM (1GB more recommeded)

andy_4029 said:
So I get the PC to boot from the Cd but after a second or two this error message appears that the "System Memory Management (EMM386.exe)" has found a problem and I need to restart the computer. After I restart it the same thing happens over and over again. Any thoughts?

seems to me you dont have enough ram in your System, what are your specs.

AMDIsTheBest010 said:
Does your PC even meet the minumum requirements for MCE? it has even higer standards than regular old XP.

MCE:
2.53GHz or faster CPU for desktop (1.6GHZ for laptop)
512MB RAM (1GB more recommeded)

Are you sure you need a 2.53GHz Cpu? Thats not what it says on Ms's website.

yes, it stated on my Dell Catelog that to use a media center PC, you need a 2.53GHz Celeron or higher proccessor, and for a notebook, you need a 1.6GHz Pentium M or higher CPU and 512MB or more RAM (1GB or more reccommended) I run MCE 2005 with 2GB DDR2 PC4200 and it runs great so i cant really imagin it with less than 1GB.

...AMD

but since you are running it with an AMD X2 it will handle it fine, since even if it only runs at 2.0GHz then it technically runs at 4.0GHz combining power b/t two cores.

...AMD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back