Cant remove a screen saver file

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richardw9

I have recently downloaded a screensaver from Download.com called oceandive_setup-dm

When I Access
-------------------------
Are you sure you want to run?

Name: oceandive_setup-dm.exe
Publisher: UNKNOWN PUBLISHER
Type: application

Run Cancel

When I press run
--------------------------

Error message:

A runtime error has occured.
Do you wish to debug?
Line : 1289
Error : Object expected

Yes No

When I try to debug
------------------------------

Nothing happens, screen disappears and I'm left with the program screen which has a pause sign and a stop sign. When i click on ether it says

A runtime error has occured.
Do you wish to debug?
Line : 0
Error : Object expected

Yes No

The problem now is I can remove the file i down loaded it keeps saying it is being used by another person or program when it isn't, well not that i know of

My question: How can I remove this file?

Also is there a way to bump threads back to the top of the list? (Because i have created threads before and people just forget about them)

Please answer soon!

The scan dint remove the file but it did remove two other things have you any idea what they are?

I've removed the file now using the FileASSASSIN, thanks for the help

I've included the scan log does anyone know what the things it removed were?

Boot to SAFE MODE, and run the removal while in SAFE MODE. That usually takes care of the problem.
Otherwise, download RegCleaner from the Registry Section of www.majorgeeks.com. This is a very good, and very simple registry editor designed by Juoni Viourno, the famous Microsoft whiz now on his own.
You can use RegCleaner to delete all references to the file, then go back to normal and delete it.
The nice thing about RegCleaner is that it saves all changes so you can restore for any errors made.

I have regcure will run that just to be sure but i have already removed the file so there isnt a problem anymore

I would do what raybay suggested if I were you which I am not but were I I would - ya know!

:)

Ok the file has been removed and I've cleaned up the registry key using regcure, i think that's all now

I think regcure is better than regcleaner, i had to pay for it so it should be lol

Update
------------

Downloaded a program called registry booster 2, registered it. Fixed 849 problems in my registry key, seems to have almost doubled my computers speed in some areas.

Recommended over regcure, havent tried regcleaner but I don't think I need to now, the screen saver problem was fixed by Malwarebytes

The advantage of RegCleaner is its symplicity, and the fact that you are in control. When something doesn't work, you can restore what you removed.
RegCure can be destructive forever, and Registry Booster removes a lot of stuff you might not want removed, causing permanent damage.
Sounds like yours is working fine, however.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back