Can't start my PC - Windows Error. Please Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackjack

Hello Everyone,

I'm back with another problem. So yesterday, I'm playing WoW, and I decide to go do something else flor a bit. So I Shut down my PC. This morning i wake up, and almost immediatly after startup, a screen pops up that gives me 5 options

Start Windows In -
Safe Mode
Safe Mode with Networking
Safe Mode with Command Prompt.

Start Windows Normally
or
Last known good configurations.

I've tried booting windows on each of these, and for each one, the Windows loading screen gets about half way done, then a blue screen flashes for less than a second, and then the process starts again (Re-boot, Choose one of the 5 options)

I don't know what to do.

Thanks in Advance!

Divide the problem

Corrupted Windows load, memory, and hard drive top the suspect list.

If you have the Windows CD, I suggest that you begin with the first post in this thread at "Guide & Solved Issues": https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic8356-19.html

If this repairs the corrupted Windows, you will need to update Windows to return to the present fix level.

Other threads in these forums discuss first using a bootable CD to point you in the direction of the corrupted Windows or hard drive problem. Search this list for Bart PE Builder: https://www.techspot.com/downloadid34by4.html

To repair a corrupted Windows on the suspect hard drive (using Bart PE or other methods), find threads that discuss registry and hives. Windows save many successive copies of the registry beyond what is used in the ordinary boot scenario.

I used memtest86+ to check out RAM on the computer. Ultimate Boot CD (UBCD) includes this program as part of its offering (donation is accepted).

If OEM system recovery CDs are the only media you have, understand that this overwrites the entire hard drive. Good-bye personal files and hello to re-loading applications and massive updating to return to present levels.

Or perhaps you can experience the same good fortune as my dad. For the same symptoms you describe, he brought to computer to me. The ride to my house cleared the problem - go figure! The only action taken was a run of memtest86+ from the CD to check the RAM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back