Can't start windows

Status
Not open for further replies.

meazie

i keep getting the error messege UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME when trying to start windows, i did a fesh install but after a few hours it crashed and came up with this message again, please help

ive built the pc myself, all bits are new except my graphics card, dvd rw and hard drive, ive tried that link but its not applicable, tryin chkdsk atm

right after chkdsk i got "the volume appears to contain one or more unrecoverable problems" does this mean my hard drive is the problem??

Or at Least so it Would Seem.......

You might try using the recovery console, (with the Windows disc in the CD drive), and try run> "fixmbr" .

There could possibly be some disc errors if you did a "quick format", rather than a full format.

seems to be working alright after full format, installing drivers now ill update tomorow, fingers crossed :)

seems good now cheers for help, hard drive is a bit slow but i have a new one coming :)

Glad to hear it's working, it's too bad you're replacing the HDD and need to do it over again, but it's better now than later. A slow HDD might be signs it's getting close to 'retirement'. How old is it, and what kind?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back