Can't switch active windows with Alt+tab or taskbar. New Win 10 machine.

losdavos

Hi,
I have a Lenovo Yoga 900 that I bought less than two months ago. I can't remember exactly what I did to the machine (installed a new program? changed some setting?) before this problem developed, but now I can't switch active windows unless I minimize the current active window. That's an extra step I shouldn't have to make. And since the machine's more than a month old, Lenovo won't help without my paying them, which is too infuriating to consider.

I've googled the problem, but these days when you do that, instead of finding your solution, all you find is a bunch of jerks insulting each other...

So... any thoughts on how I can approach fixing this very annoying problem? Again, I can have multiple programs running at once, but I can't switch among them simply by pressing Alt+tab (if I press Alt+tab, I do see the horizontal array of open apps, and the selection does change every time I press tab (while holding Alt), but landing on one of them does not actually switch to that app being the active window. And if I click on an open app's tile in the taskbar, I see a momentary "attempt" by the app to expand to the active window, but I don't actually move away from the current active window which I'm trying to switch away from.

Thank you!

I never knew that and it does work on my laptop. Interesting, but I'll not be using that technique - closing or minimizing a window has never worried me. You'll not find a bunch of jerks on here insulting you but Captaincranky may be along to spoil your day sometime soon. :)

Back