Can't uninstall sound max so i can reinstall

Status
Not open for further replies.
replaced a fried asus mb with intel d865glc, for winxp pro, surprise, surprise almost everything came back up cept the soundmax, got the new soundmax setup from intel, before to reinstall or install, need to uninstall old asus based version, but when i go to uninstall get these funky messages, see attachments
tried to just run the reinstall anyway but that errored out
googled to death, not seeing anything, anybody got any suggestions

Uninstall it in SAFE MODE.
You get to SAFE MODE by pressing the F8 key repeatedly when you first press the <ON> button... then let it fully settle down, then scroll to the top of the page to access Windows then use Add and Remove in the Control Panel.

thanks that sounds like a good idea, however, turns out in the install pkg from intel/analog devices there was an uninstall option that worked.
now however, after uninstalled the new sound max won't install, tried reboot etc, same old error, i'm afraid to even ask about this but here goes, the only thing it gives me is the attachement.
of course it doesn't say which driver is not found and there doesn't appear to be any log,

i just have to vent here, if i'm bothering to catch errors, and have gone to that much trouble, why would i not give the specifics of the error at least in a log??? especially from programming at such a high level as install a complicated audio system
black engineering at its best

Try this

First, look in Add/Remove Programs and if anything is Soundmax related, uninstall.

Next, carefully note the install process when you run it. Typically, the driver files are first unpacked and placed on the disk drive and then Windows uses Setup to do the install. Look for the unpacked driver file with the .inf extension

Sounds like your Setup may be confused so let's just try to install the driver using the Hardware Update Wizard. Look in Device Manager for the sound adapter. It should appear with a yellow error icon? It's Properties should show driver status of no driver installed?

Rt click the adapter, select update driver. When wizard appears
> Click No, not this time then Next
> Click Install from specific location then Next
> Click Don't search. I will choose
> Click Have Disk button
> Now browse to the location of and select the driver .inf file
> Click OK

Does this install?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back