Can't Uninstall Windows 8

Phanixis

I HATE Windows 8, I want it off my Asus n56vdh71 laptop ASAP and replaced with the far superior Windows 7. Problem is, try as I might, I can't uninstalled the bloody thing. I have uninstalled and reinstalled plenty of OS in the past, but I can't seem to touch this thing.

First thing I attempted to do was straight up format drive. Tried formatting from the command prompt, got an access denied message. Tried formatting from the elevated command prompt, entered the disk volume information (never had to do that before), gave it permission to force a dismount, and the format failed anyway.

I then tried to boot off my Windows 7 CD so I can format the drive from their. But the cd drive wasn't at the top of the boot priority. So I had to access BIOS by randomly hitting keys at startup and change the boot priority. Then I got some sort of access denied message when booting up, so I had to disable secure boot-up, also in the BIOS. It finally started to boot from the Windows 7 CD, only to hang at the Windows logo.

Upon restarting, I found that the boot priority was somehow reset in BIOS. However, I could not longer access BIOS by pressing keys during startup. I called Asus to get the precise key sequence but they would not give me a straight answer. I finally found this method: http://forum.notebookreview.com/asus/709605-need-help-asus-n56vz-rh71-cant-enter-bios.html, managed to get back into BIOS and find that my computer moved the CD-ROM from boot priority 1 to boot priority 3 without my permission. I switched CD-ROM back to priority 1 and tried again, and after booting from the Windows 7 CD it again hanged at the Windows logo.

I have also attempted to use fdisk, only to find out their is no fdisk in Windows 8. Microsoft site said it was replaced by disk Manager. However, the option to format the operating system drive is grayed out in disk manager, although I can still format any other drive in it.

So I cannot format from within Windows 8 and I cannot boot from an external media for some unknown reason. How do you go about removing this malignant cancer known as Windows 8?

Thanks in advance.

You can't 'uninstall' Windows, and definitely not from inside the OS itself.

Try again with a Windows 7 disc. It may be damaged if it's hanging on boot, as secure-boot OFF and running off CD is the correct sequence.

You can't 'uninstall' Windows, and definitely not from inside the OS itself.

Try again with a Windows 7 disc. It may be damaged if it's hanging on boot, as secure-boot OFF and running off CD is the correct sequence.

Yeah secure boot is the issue here.

Pull out your Hard disk drive have on check by running other pc through chkdisk...if you found that the hard disk is working,,then try to format it on command prompt. then install back the win7.

Back