Casper' puter problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

casper11

hi,
my computer have virus problem( i think)
it has become slow.. my sound system become odd.. the sound it produces become abnormal and the song that i played become slow( sometime like a walkman with a low battery). i've updated my SD and AVG8.0 and ad aware and scanned it completely and nothing detected...

pls help...

I think you need to provide more specific details about your problem.

- What exactly do you mean by 'abnormal' sound?
- are there other symptoms/weird occurrences on your system, if any, and specific description of these symptoms?
- any other actions you took? If you suspect it is virus/malware issue, have you followed the preliminary malware removal thread?

so i just have to uninstall my current SD , Ad-aware and AVG8.0 . then install the programs that u suggested?

when i start my computer it takes a longer time to load into my window xp compare to normal days. Every music or sound it plays become slow and having a bit of echo at the beginning( the echo will become longer when i'm doing more work) and it also sound like a walkman with low battery too.

i've not done any preliminary malware removal thread yet... ( i'm not sure what it is)

should i ollowed the preliminary malware removal thread now?

Hi, could you post a fresh HijackThis log from normal mode please? (meaning scan in normal mode and save the log)
I've subscribed to this thread so I can see updates.

today my zoneAlarm security alert showing this:

the firewall has blocked internet access to your computer ( UDP Port 161) from 192.168.1.10( UDP Port 1201

time : 22/12/2008 09:22:06

this is the normal mode hijackthis:

what is volumeLED.EXE ??it is running in my windows task manager.....

Not to worry about volumeLED it is safe. The zonealarm entry is fine too.

Fix these in HijackThis:

R3 - URLSearchHook: Yahoo! Toolbar - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: Thunder AtOnce - {01443AEC-0FD1-40fd-9C87-E93D1494C233} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {3CA2F312-6F6E-4B53-A66E-4E65E497C8C0} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {7E853D72-626A-48EC-A868-BA8D5E23E045} - (no file)
O4 - HKLM\..\Policies\Explorer\Run: [Explorer] .vbs
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {09BA8F6D-CB54-424B-839C-C2A6C8E6B436} - (no file)

Your logs all look fine to me. I don't think your problem is malware related at all.
Your audio problem could be driver-related, but I can't be sure as I've never encountered such an issue before. Perhaps you could try reinstalling them?

If you're concerned about your system being slow, I would suggest a defrag/system cleanup. Your startup and services list looks fine to me; most people have similar number of items and their system runs fine. Also, do check your RAM; is it enough for your OS and usage?

erm... i've uninstall and reinstall the software again but it is still the same. it has become slow in every application. even if i try to play my video, everything comes in a slow motion at the beginning( it sounds like battery low) and it run smoothly. but if I keep running other programs it will be slow motion and and sounds like battery low again.

previously my computer were running smoothly. and i've having:
genuine intel (R) CPU
T2080 @ 1.73GHz
1.31GHz, 1.99GB of RAM
Physical address extension

I've moved your thread to the Windows OS section. I believe you'll find better advice suited for your problem here.

Well you sure could, though I don't really recommend uninstalling IE. Its always good to have it like a 'backup'. Fixing all those R0 and R1 won't make a very significant improvement to your system performance either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back