Catalyst Control Center won't start

Matt12345170

Hey Guys,

I have been searching endlessly to a solution for this problem, without any progress. I have searched many different sites and tried many different solutions, but alas, I'm still screwed ^_^.

CCC wont open, I don't have it installed ATM, so I am paraphrasing a little bit, but is told me that there are not options available, or something along those lines.

I should mention that it WAS a few days ago, however now it wont.

I am running Windows 8
AMD 7970M (Equipped with Switchable Graphics)

Again, I have tried everything that I can find on the web, including a fresh install of Win 8.

Thanks,

Matt

Do you have .Net Framework 4.0 installed yet? If not, install it. It is required for CCC.

Just checking but there are different versions of .net framework. 4.0 is specifically called for.

Yes. I have 3.5 through 4.5 installed. As a confirmation, when I tried the 4.0 installer, it would not let me, claiming that I have it or a higher version installed.

Just to make sure... Did you do an event log refresh? Or close and re-open event viewer cuz otherwise you wouldn't see any new entries

No, I didn't. However I just did, and no new entries were created. As far as the device manager is concerned, the graphics card is working. Just nothing in relation to the drivers.

Thanks!

Hey JC713, I am in a little bit of a different situation. My manufacturer enabled switchable graphics and I HAVE to install their drivers, regular AMD ones don't allow me to do anything. But on a side note, I have tried a similar method to no avail :(

Hey JC713, I am in a little bit of a different situation. My manufacturer enabled switchable graphics and I HAVE to install their drivers, regular AMD ones don't allow me to do anything. But on a side note, I have tried a similar method to no avail :(
Aw :(. Are you stuck with a Vaio or Toshiba?

It was a custom build, bought it from CyberpowerPC... believe it was manufactured by Clevo though :/ Won't be making this mistake again!

You have to go through Clevo? I understand the concept of switchable graphics but why for a gaming notebook. I think there is a way to disable switchable graphics. Google it and see what you get.

Back