CD/DVD Drive recommendations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

moonfruit

Hi

I am looking for a new CD/DVD rewriter internal drive. The problem I have is my PC is an emachine (yeah i know!!) and the design of the case means a new drive sits way to far back in the case. I was wondering if anyone knows of a replacement drive that has muliple mounting holes? I tried a friends drive that had two holes but it still sat about an inch back from the front of the case.

I understand I could get a new case but was hoping for a quick fix!

Many thanks for any help.

Plextor, Pioneer, Yamaha, Teac, and Matshusita drives are the best in output and last the longest, but are usually much more expensive for the good ones - also more difficult to find. Otherwise, I like Samsung, Lite-On, and LG... All DVD-RW and DVD+RW, as well as CD-RW. Watch out for the warranty. You should expect a year. Some are now 6 months or 9 months.
In our experience, we avoid HP, Sony, Acer, Asus, HLDS, Rosewill, NEC, Optiarc, and no-name brands.

captaincranky said:
You must mount an aftermarket drive in the LOWER drive bay of an Emachine. The mounting holes are only different from normal in the top bay!

I never even looked at the lower bay!! I will have to try that out, I love those simple solutions! Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back