CD Projekt Red will reveal what's coming to Cyberpunk 2077 in a live stream tomorrow

jsilva

In brief: If you've been waiting for CD Projekt Red to spill the beans on what's coming to its dystopian cyberpunk game, you should know that the studio has scheduled a live stream for tomorrow. We still don't know what the developer will talk about, but we expect more info regarding the next-gen patch and perhaps something about the free DLCs.

Despite its horrid launch, Cyberpunk 2077 was one of the most played games of 2021. The past year, CD Projekt Red focused on fixing bugs and launching patches to improve performance, eventually considering the game stable. However, one of the most desired features promised at launch, the next-gen upgrade, is still nowhere to be seen.

Developers initially expected to release the next-gen patch in 2021, but it had to be delayed to 2022, alongside the Witcher 3 next-gen patch. To our sadness, we still don't know when Cyberpunk will get this upgrade, but we hope to learn more about it during the next Red Stream.

The live stream might also reveal other updates and DLCs coming to Cyberpunk 2077. It would also be cool if the developer talked more about the multiplayer component of the game and the first expansion, which are said to be already in development and expected to release later this year.

The upcoming Cyberpunk 2077 Red Stream will be broadcast tomorrow on Twitch at 07:00 AM PST/10:00 PM EST.

Permalink to story.

The biggest problem with Cyberpunk is the same problem that exists within Fallout 3 and its sequels - as well as most games of this nature.

The Main Quest

On the first playthrough, I found Cyberpunk to be extraordinarily well written, the atmosphere to be extraordinarily immersive and the sound/music to be extraordinarily well produced.

The side quests, were very well written, although the side hustle missions were expectedly repetitive. It's amazing how many side quests I completely missed on the first two playthroughs which I only found out about later on through Youtube viewing.

On a powerful PC (8-core with 3090 and 32GB DDR4 on SSD and a 34" wide monitor) this game is stunning and unforgettable.

Unfortunately, the main quest, upon a second playthrough drags along at an annoying pace and forces you into a path you don't want to choose - which is highly disappointing considering how much personal optimization the game initially suggests.

I played through the game twice. I started on release day and then played through a second time after more patches were downloaded. Ironically, I experienced far more bugs and glitches on the 2nd playthrough than the first. Initially, I had almost no problems whatsoever.

This game is essentially what the metaverse should look like, which only calls into question how complicated it would be to release a VR immersive mmo environment. Cyberpunk would be best played in VR if VR headset resolutions and framerates were twice what they are now.

They wanna update it?

Great.

But it's gonna take some serious updates to make me reinstall it and fire it up again.

Stop trying to make 2077 happen, it's NOT going to happen.

Seriously unless the "patch" basically modifies every single side quest in the game and ads a meaningful, separate chapter 1 arc for Corpo and Nomad it's still always going to be falling short of what was promised: It wasn't just the glitches or just the missing gameplay features it was the feeling of everything being extremely rushed and devoid of meaningful content after maybe 20% of all side quests and missions were done and everyone knows the good ones from the ones that are clearly padding.

I need to jump back into this, but have forgotten how to play it and don't want to restart.
Game needs a tutorial and mechanics refresher option added to it.

I need to jump back into this, but have forgotten how to play it and don't want to restart.
Game needs a tutorial and mechanics refresher option added to it.

I tried firing this game up and completely forgot the controls and how to play. Embarrasingly getting beat up while I was attempting to show the game to my cousin.

I will play this one day when it becomes what it should've been and will have a better experience than all early adopters.
It will never be what is should've been. .CD Projekt Red isn't going to keep putting money and resources into something that isn't going to give much return on investment.

It will never be what is should've been. .CD Projekt Red isn't going to keep putting money and resources into something that isn't going to give much return on investment.
1) It's already given them a huge return on investment. It's now about trying to claw back some reputation since they lost alot of credit with the launch.
2) No Man's Sky is pure evidence you can patch a game to an extent it's a much better game and improves the dev's reputation ten fold.

Last edited:
If they don't patch that game to satisfy some portion of their fanbase next time they release a game people might think twice before buying it, that's the return.

Back