Cd-rom will not stay in

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently recieved a dell 3000 within a month of using it i ejected a disk using the eject button from itunes, since then by cd rom will go in but immediatly pop back out, and my computer says that the disk is unreadable or corrupted, please if someone could give me a little advice on what i need to do, can i fix this somehow or do i need a new drive

I think there is something wrong with the drive too. But because a new CD-ROM drive costs only about $15-$20 or even less, it's hardly worth fretting over it. A CD-RW or even a combo drive (DVD/CD-RW) is not much more so if you only have a CD-ROM now, upgrading is worth considering.

outofideas said:
I recently recieved a dell 3000 within a month of using it i ejected a disk using the eject button from itunes, since then by cd rom will go in but immediatly pop back out, and my computer says that the disk is unreadable or corrupted, please if someone could give me a little advice on what i need to do, can i fix this somehow or do i need a new drive
When you reboot (while the computer is booting up, from the moment you restart until windows desktop comes up) what happens if you put a disk in the drive then?
If its not going popping out then, then your drive is fine, and something is messed up in Windows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back