CD-RW not functioning correctly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whenever i try to burn anything to a CD over 4X maximum speed with my Samsung RW drive (Look at specs), it just gives me an error and stops. Any suggestions?

Some programs only burn u to 4x and some cd-rw disks are only designed to go up to 4x what x s the disk and what burning program are you using it could just be a glitched setting in the program

Ok then check the auctual disks you place into the drive like I metioned above some disks are made to just burn up to 4x. Im not saying your drive itself but the disk.

I've tried it with Phillips disks, Imation disks, and the only thing my drive will burn to is a cheap $0.01/CD 4X discs

Weird - update your firmware. And try samsung disks (if there is samsung branded disks)

Regards,

Korrupt

Dont think Samsung makes CD-Rs.. although i agree with trying to update the firmware..

Find the model no. of the drive and then look at the samsung webpage to see if there's an update or googe for it..

other troubleshooting you might want to do if that doesnt work:
-replace the IDE cable
-reinstall the drivers (device manager>CD drives etc>remove>reboot PC>reinstall etc)

The last suggestion won't work because it's Plug and Play i think... I'll try updating the firmware.

EDIT: The newest firmware gives me this error in Nero: Power calibration error
EDIT2: Reinstalling the driver doesn't do anything, either...
EDIT3: Both of my drives are on the same IDE cable.

Thats really strange I thought maybe it was because you only used 4x cd's I dont know whats wrong sorry, did it ever work or was it always like this when you got it?

Did you restore your o/s or anything or put this drive onto a different system than you did before.mI was thinking maybe it was defective but it wouldnt be because it worked before this is strange.

try uninstalling/reinstalling nero..
i don't know if you've done this already but have you checked correct jumper settings?

try it on another pc to rule out a bad burner..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back