CD wont burn

Status
Not open for further replies.

vale46

Hi, i have a DVD rewriter in my pc and if i want to copy anything to disk (folders,music or video) it will only perform this if i put a DVD disk in it, if i put a CD in it, it tells me "unable to perform format" so i at the moment i am restricted to using DVD's to copy/burn onto.

I only have media player 11 installed but dont know how to tell it to brun to cd as well as DVD.

Hope you ca help.

Vale.

Hi,

You might want to try one of the free Open Source burning programs. There is ImgBurn, CDBurnerXP and Burn4Free. If they fail I think it's your burner. I have a feeling though one of them will work or at least give you enough info on the 'fail' for you to find out.

Good luck,

Adrian

P.S. We use Roxio here at work but I don't use it. I use ImgBurn for all my needs and am fine with it. It I was gonna make an audio CD I'd use CDBurnerXP which is also on my computer. They all work wonderfully. :)

Thanks Adrian, i have roxio too, i can burn anything through roxio no problem, my issue is if i right click on a file or folder and click send to DVD RW Drive (H) it will only burn it to a DVD disk and not a CD, i have to manually open roxio and copy the said item form there.

I just wondered my the drive wont copy to either disk format automatically ?

thanks for the input mate.

Vale.

burn4free is ifree but ncludes adware and spyware bundled into a toolbar you cannot uninstall. avoid it.

imageburn is a good program and free plus spyware free. recommended.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back