CDs develop holes in CD case

greatman05

Hey, guys.I have had this problem for a while now. Every time I put a new CD in my CD case, it always develops holes (scratches in the top cover of the CD) after a few weeks. What could be causing this? Would running the case through a delicate wash cycle help?

You have a defect that deserves attention.
What computer is it in, and what is the drive model. Unless it is physical damage from misuse or meddeling, you can probably get a replacement.

I forgot to mention that the CDs are actually CD-Rs, and that no matter what company I use Cds from (Sony, Verbatim, those cheap ones at Office Depot, etc.) they always develop "holes" in them within a few weeks on being in my CD case. Should I run the CD case in a delicate wash cycle (there might be germs in it eating the top layer of the CD-R)?

Perhaps it would be useful to have you describe exactly what you mean by
"CD Case"... because I am getting far afield from what you probably are discussing with "...run the CD Case in a delicate wash cycle... (there might be germs..."
What ever you are using, once that top coating is worn off, the discs are no longer reliable... and I have doubts that washing will cure the problem.

You know, a regular CD Case, one that holds 20+ CDs in a sleeve with a zipper closing up the case...I am referring to the germs inside of the CD case...

Surely just buying a new one would be a lot less hassle than washing it, as for germs that eat CD's ??????????.

Regards

I would throw that out, immediately, and get another... or use paper envelopes or plastic cases from Wal-Mart or Best Buy.

???

greatman, I would love to see a picture of this! Don't think I have ever heard of that strain of CD-R "germs"! :D Please post a pic if possible.

Back