Cell phone service through internet

I am ready to pull my hair out. I have a remote cabin in Utah that gets no TV signals, radio signals, cell phone service. The internet we get is Hughes Net which is very good service. The cell phone is Verizon which worked OK with an antenna booster up until August, 2015. Now we get no cell phones even with the antenna boosters. My 4G phone drops to 1G and the other phone gets 4 bars under 1G but you can not receive or make calls. I would like to try to hook up the cell phone with the internet service by way of Bluetooth. Can anyone suggest a program or service that will accomplish this? Magic Jack requires the internet be land line DSL so that is not an option. Verizon can't tell me what changed? I bought a stronger antenna but that does not work either. HELP!!!!!

An alternative to cell would be VoIP on your Internet service. The phone needs a direct connection to the IPS' router to get VoIP working AND an upcharge from the ISP.

An alternative to cell would be VoIP on your Internet service. The phone needs a direct connection to the IPS' router to get VoIP working AND an upcharge from the ISP.
The internet is satellite with Hughes Net. Before I call them, do you think this will work with their systems?

The question to them is "Can you provide VoIP service over the satelite?" act according to their response.

The question to them is "Can you provide VoIP service over the satelite?" act according to their response.
Thanks for the help! As soon as their phone lines come back up I will ask them........and then probably be back online with you (hahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!)

Those are fair questions. To my understanding, VoIP and Skype need direct access to your modem. That would suggest to me, that a forwarded call *may not* work.

Skype does not assign a new phone number - - remember you're running voice and video over the Internet. An alternative to Skype is google Hangouts and it is based upon your login email address. BOTH allow the computer to CALL OUT to any phone (and you talk/listen over your mic/speaker | headset), but they don't support CALL IN.

Back